Here I Go Again, and Again, and Again.....

Options
I am back, again, for like the 4th time. Hoping I am ready to make the necessary life changes that need to happen for this to work for me. I lose weight, then gain some (not all) back, then lose again, then gain again. I am really wanting to break this cycle and keep on the down side this time. Wish me luck!

Replies

• sprinttrack
    sprinttrack Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    good luck! you can do it!
  • Vanessa_Ross
    Vanessa_Ross Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks! this time I think I am going to take it slow and add small amounts of exercise at a time.
  • Noodle797
    Noodle797 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    This is probably the longest I've committed to weight-loss in a really long time & it's been all small changes, not trying to burn myself out & give up this time. :)
  • cmanningjr
    cmanningjr Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You can do it.. One day at a time..and with the right support group..
  • 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Of course all my best wishes, but it's going to take more than luck. I can't tell you how many times I've tried and given up, but this time I feel differently. I have to eat anyway, might as well make it count for something - my improved health and fitness. The amount of time that my taste buds spend entertained with tasty treats isn't worth the time I spend feeling terrible about this aging fat body. The aging I can't help, but the fat? Totally reversible, I hear.
  • ntinkham88
    ntinkham88 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I found that I got into the groove of it after awhile. You just have to make it through the tough part in the beginning and eventually it becomes a habit. You can do it this time! Just don't give up!! :)
  • Stikman
    Stikman Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am back, again, for like the 4th time. Hoping I am ready to make the necessary life changes that need to happen for this to work for me. I lose weight, then gain some (not all) back, then lose again, then gain again. I am really wanting to break this cycle and keep on the down side this time. Wish me luck!

I wish you something better than luck, I wish you good planning. Ask yourself these questions to improve your "luck" this time around:

- What did you find hard in your previous attempts?
    - How are you going to combat or avoid these?
    - What are your top ten temptations/weaknesses while losing weight?
    - Do you have an alternative you can substitute or a strategy to deal with these?
    - Do you have a concrete goal and is it realistic and meaningful for you in terms of weight loss and the timeframe to do it in?
    - Is this a diet or a lifestyle change? i.e. can you see yourself doing it forever and if not why not?
    - When you have a small failure ("oh no, I fell and that chocolate cake just landed in my mouth") how will you deal with it as part of the bigger picture?

So many of us go into projects like weight loss with plans that only account for the best case scenario. Unfortunately we're human and we all have less than perfect lives so it's knowing how to deal with the failures before they happen that will bring you success.

I wish you success!