looking for motivational friends

Options
I hoping friends will make this a fun and better experience for my life style change :)

Replies

• stevesample76
    stevesample76 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Welcome Lolo. Having the proper support system in place can make or break your change in lifestyle. I know the support I got here and from my support group on Facebook were key factors in my success.
  • lolo32015
    lolo32015 Posts: 11
    Options
    Thank you Steve I just have one person who is very discouraging telling me counting my calories won't work so one and so forth so I decided to just surround myself with positive people who make the same changes similar to what I'm doing
  • kimh1975
    kimh1975 Posts: 7
    Options
    I would love to be your friend. We all need to be encouraged and supportive regardless of our goals. Counting calories does help me examine where I am being wasteful. (Ex. Sodas)
  • lolo32015
    lolo32015 Posts: 11
    Options
    Thank you @kimh1975‌
  • pili90
    pili90 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm also looking for friends to make this better! :)
  • FitTrice
    FitTrice Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    lolo32015 wrote: »
    I hoping friends will make this a fun and better experience for my life style change :)

Friends are definitely needed to help motivate and provide support:) We're all in this together
  • jparks341
    jparks341 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Welcome and feel free to add me as a MFP buddy. Calorie counting does work and makes you accountable. The friends you make on the site make it fun and interesting and you get great ideas. Good luck on your awesome journey.
  • MissMelissa514
    MissMelissa514 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    This is a great place for support and I can say from experience that counting calories works wonders for weight loss :)
  • stevesample76
    stevesample76 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Counting calories and learning what the proper foods will do to your body and for your body are key. Positivity is the key to success. I surrounded myself with like minded people and it worked. You are going to do great.
  • nicolecaville
    Options
    Hi! I just made this for more support and a sense of responsibility. Having other people doing the same is motivation in and of itself. I'm a nutrition student on my way to being a registered dietitian and I am loving my journey! Feel free to add me and I'm excited to swag recipes and workouts. Everybody is different so I like to see what works. Ps I sway towards holistic nutrition so if anyone is interested in learning about it, I'm happy to guide!