Zig-Zagging Calories

Options
Just a quick question about it. I went to http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm to figure out what my zig-zagging calories should be, and it spit out a bunch of numbers for every day of the week. Now are those calorie numbers net or overall?

And is Zig-Zagging Calories worth it? I mean I'm doing fine with what i'm doing now, but i'm worried im going to hit a plateau soon. Any advice would be appreciated!

Replies

• mandee1919
    mandee1919 Posts: 11
    Options
    What is zig-zagging calories?
  • pinktoesjb
    pinktoesjb Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I find it helps to jump start you if you hit a sticking point, but don't think it's a great idea long term/
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Those calories are an all-in number - so no "eating back" anything!

I wouldn't zig zag until I hit plateau. If what you are doing now is working, don't go messing with it. If/When you hit a plateau, you might want to give it a shot.
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    if you inputed that you exercise X times a week..than those numbers INCLUDE your exercise already. That site accounts for like 300 calories per work out it seems. You are eating back your exercise calories, but if you ate back exactly what you burn you'd be double-eating em back :-)

yes, zig-zagging is great for getting off a plateau BUT it also fits into life great because it gives you some wiggle room when you have special meals or whatever...i LOVE it and will never go back to eating the same amount every day!
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I only started zigzagging last week. You eat the number of calories that it tell you to, it's not the net.

I've been plateaued now for 5 months so I needed something to get me moving again. It seems to be working. I reached 149.3 lbs this morning, which is the lowest I've seen in a while. I seem to dip right below 150 and then bounce right back up again. So if this method gets me below 150 and keeps me moving downward, I'm sticking with it!
  • ohdear1986
    ohdear1986 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    i am a constant zigzagger. i haven't done anything else, and if you look at my graph below i have never ever plataue. yes i have stayed the same for a few weeks but you will see i was below goal and trying to maintain, then changed my mind and decided to lose some more. my original goal weight was 142lb but then changed it to 128lb
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    as long as the number you eat every day is not the same you should be ok. those numbers (i love that site btw) are just examples for you. you just shouldn't eat like...
    1200, 1204, 1159,1210. but 1200, 1250, 1300, 1200 is ok. get it?
  • beastmode_kitty
    beastmode_kitty Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Well I don't eat the same number of calories everyday now. Somedays I reach just 1200, and somedays i have 1500.....its never the same, so maybe I am doing zig-zagging without realizing.
  • Crystleen
    Crystleen Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Are you suppose to watch your carbs, sugar, sodium on any of the zig zag days?
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    RunConquerCelebrate Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    i am a constant zigzagger. i haven't done anything else, and if you look at my graph below i have never ever plataue. yes i have stayed the same for a few weeks but you will see i was below goal and trying to maintain, then changed my mind and decided to lose some more. my original goal weight was 142lb but then changed it to 128lb

How do you determine the calories you should eat when zig zagging do you use the website the poster talked about above?
  • TerraGirl17
    TerraGirl17 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • TerraGirl17
    TerraGirl17 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    BUMP