Trying to stick to it!!!

Options
I'm watching reruns of My600lb life and I'm in tears. I'm thinking what if I can't do this will I end up like this and have no support. I'm scared but determined until.... THE CRAVING OF NEEDING FOOD!!

Replies

• LuckyMe2017
    LuckyMe2017 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. Take it slowly. A pound a week is quite doable with 1hr walking per day or cutting 500 calories in food. Just think, one year from now you will be 50 pounds lighter. Cutting a portion of a meal will not hurt you. Or if you have a craving, just take a taste or eat something similar that is healthier. Best!
  • healthnut050
    healthnut050 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You can do this! You have found support right here. Just take it one day at a time.
  • YBSlim2
    YBSlim2 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Baby Steps count as steps!! You can do this!!! Make very attainable goals. Goal one get moving, goal two eat smart. Keep it simple and it will all work in your favor.
  • melly0405
    melly0405 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    You can eat just make healthier choices and log everything even if you go over your calorie goals for the day. This is a journey not a race we can only take it one day, one pound at a time! I'd i can help you in anyway please let me know.
  • ayyedee
    ayyedee Posts: 2
    Options
    You got this!!!! Its one of the hardest things ever....just keep trying, you will get there!!!!!
  • alighterday
    Options
    [ Cutting a portion of a meal will not hurt you. Or if you have a craving, just take a taste or eat something similar that is healthier. Best![/quote]

This makes a lot of sense!! I'm taking this home.
  • lmaschreck
    Options
    Stay positive, you got this with help from all of us!
  • ChelleSimmo7
    ChelleSimmo7 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I also watch this show as a sort of support and it almost always brings me to tears. But when I see those people that squander their opportunity it makes me so mad. The end goal is what should be your motivator. No one is perfect and we all fall off the wagon but it's all about getting back up on it. Weight loss is totally mental, don't say "I can't have this" replace it with "I don't want to deal with the results of what this will do to me"
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    This is not all or nothing and neither is it a one shot deal. Do this one day at a time. If you are feeling too restricted, for a few weeks change your goals to lose one half pound a week. You will be losing weight as you get used to the changes you are making.