Best (uk) low calorie/diet protein shake

Options
Missylydia
Missylydia Posts: 304 Member
Hey I'm looking to start taking a protein shake after working out to help speed up repair and building muscle tone, however I'd rather not consume unnecessary calories doing so.
I've never gone down this root before, but my diet clearly isn't cutting it, I'm not a big meat eater.
So what do you suggest, that's good, not disgusting and not too expensive?
Hopefully not asking too much, haha!

Replies

• slbeutler
    slbeutler Posts: 205
    Options
    I am not an expert, but I like Muscle Milk. It is low calorie, fat and little to no sugar, with not too bad of a protein shake taste. I personally use Shakeology as a meal replacement or post workout snack/meal. It is also low cal, fat and sugar. It is a bit more pricey. You can either shake it or blend it with ice and milk/water and to me it tastes like a frosty or chocolate ice cream shake. It also uses Stevia as the sweetner, so it doesn't have all the artificial stuff. If you want more info. I can email it to you.
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you can go to a GNC but you can access online. I just started drinking the GNC Amplified Wheybolic - Chocolate. Delicious. No need to add anything. 1 scoop - 93 calories, 1 g sugar, 20 g protein.
  • KristiRexhepi
    Options
    I've tried about every protein drink there is out there and even working out with a personal trainer, I wasn't getting the results I wanted! Then i found Herbalife. I did 2 shakes a day and 2 teas and one food meal with protein snacks in between and I lost 15 lbs in 5 weeks!!! I still drink the Herbalife shakes and my body is just continuing to reshape! They taste AMAZING and Herbalife has been around for over 31 years with the best doctors in the world on staff who create the product, so you know it's a credible source of nutrition! You can get it on this online store: www.shopherbalife.com/lovemybody and I do free coaching with every cannister of shake mix! You don't get that kind of care or quality from GNC! :) Let me know if you have any questions! :)

Kristi
  • bossmodehan
    bossmodehan Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I've been taking oneon whey-loss in chocolate flavour since about mid feb (available from www.oneon.co.uk) and i'm very happy with it. 50g is 197 cals and 37g of protein. I personally take half that every morning (so 98cals and still a satisfying enough flavour and a substantial protein hit) and only have the other half as a postworkout snack if i exercise.
    when i ordered i did have to chase them up about delivery, just to warn you if you decide to purchase from them.

edit: forgot to add that it is designed for weight loss - it has green tea extract which has been linked to weight loss!