Pressing re-start

Options
I just wanted to share some words of encouragement with everyone. I faltered with my weight loss for the past 6 months and put on almost 10 lbs. I was feeling down and angry with myself for slipping back into my old ways. Last Sunday I decided to flip the mental switch in my head and get back to approaching the weight loss journey with renewed vigor. Such a big part of weight loss is how we think about losing weight and keeping our goals in mind and being present throughout the day of being accountable for what we are eating and our activity. Whenever I've had a moment of weakness I focus on my goals, losing the last 14lbs and what that will feel like. Looking forward to feeling lighter and fitter and better self esteem. The other reason is I've got rid of all my larger sizes and the thought of having to shop for bigger sizes was a big motivation to change my ways. It's not easy and we will all have stops and starts on the journey, but hang in there, small changes produce big results.

Replies

• amandastock
    amandastock Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Love!
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    This happens to me about every month and a half. WE CAN DO IT!
  • minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    I'm a strong believer in getting rid of the "fat" clothes as you drop down to smaller sizes. It's a way of burning your bridges. If you gain weight again, you'll just have to waddle around in very tight fitting clothes until you rectify the situation, or you'll have to break down and buy larger sizes. And who wants to do that?

Burn the bridges!