Alternative to mayo?

Options
any ideas for an alternative to mayo on a wrap or sandwich?i can't stand regular mustard

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    mashed avocado is a good one.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    There are some mayos made with olive oil that are fewer calories than the traditional mayos. Look at other condiments and spreads, too. BBQ sauce or horseradish sauce are two of my favorites. And a good avocado can make a good spread in place of mayo.
  • andreagenther
    andreagenther Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    hummus, cream cheese, avocado, ranch, olive oil, etc
  • arlington21
    arlington21 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I substitute mayo for the light laughing cow cheese sometimes. It tastes pretty similar in my opinion lol
  • swole_elsa
    swole_elsa Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Mashed avocado and/or hummus seems to do the trick for me. Thought about trying veganaise (not for less cals but because I wanted actual mayo suitable for me) but the price of the first two are much more appealing than vegan specialty products :\
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    mashed avocado is a good one.

This^ Also, light mayo will cut some calories without sacrificing too much taste.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Ohhh hummas is a good one, infact any dip is good. I love roasted pumpkin and harissa dip on wraps, you can always find a dip to suit your fillings.
  • Mistizoom
    Mistizoom Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Butter
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I substitute mayo for the light laughing cow cheese sometimes. It tastes pretty similar in my opinion lol

You can put that beautiful beautiful stuff on anything. I put it on a bagel the other day. I was going to suggest this too. Then you cover your cheese and your mayo needs for 35 calories...must try.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Anything based on greek yoghurt like tzatziki, creamy but higher in protein and lower in fat (not that fat's bad) and calories
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    Hummus, baba ghanouj, Greek yogurt dips and spreads, salad dressings, guacamole
  • sing809
    sing809 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I second the Greek Yogurt. Walden Farms makes a calorie free "Amazing Mayo" that isn't bad.
  • sweetcheeks27
    sweetcheeks27 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I love cottage cheese instead of mayo. Sounds nasty but it's delicious. My favorite is to mix it with tuna fish. Greek yogurt is good to spread on a sandwich too.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    I use fat free ranch
  • ceruleanmuse
    ceruleanmuse Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Kraft mayo with olive oil is 35 calories a T, Greek yogurt is yummy,laughing cows are great.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Light mayo is good to me. I rarely buy the regular stuff. I've never been a mayo-addict though so it's not super important to me.
  • eat_hike_b33r
    eat_hike_b33r Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Pesto!
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Bean dip
  • spikrgrl503
    spikrgrl503 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    We use hummus! Love it :)
  • joepratt503
    joepratt503 Posts: 191 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    There are some mayos made with olive oil that are fewer calories than the traditional mayos. Look at other condiments and spreads, too. BBQ sauce or horseradish sauce are two of my favorites. And a good avocado can make a good spread in place of mayo.
    Kraft mayo with olive oil is 35 calories a T, Greek yogurt is yummy,laughing cows are great.

This (These). Kraft Olive Oil mayo is fantastically low in fat.