WHAT BRAND OF GREEK YOGURT?

Options

Replies

• KristaPerseveres
    KristaPerseveres Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Fage everyday, and for a treat, the new Yoplait greek yogurt whips. Has too much sugar for an everyday thing, but it's a nice treat once in a while, and comes in great flavors.
  • HardcoreP0rk
    HardcoreP0rk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Fage - full fat if I can find it.
  • krisbox2014
    krisbox2014 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    In order of preference:
    Kirkland brand (Costco) 0%, Fage 0%, Chobani 0%
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Fage, the full fat plain stuff has a texture that's out of this world and the taste isn't too sour with some berries or sliced bananas thrown in.
  • tisaria
    tisaria Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Fage, all the way. The texture is amazing/decadent and they have 0% and 2%, both of which are delightful. Mixed berries is a wonderful flavor, as is the blueberry acai and the honey.
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I really like Stonyfield Organics, and they've recently started packaging fat free Greek yogurt in 4-ounce cups that are a really convenient size for me.
  • gghost571
    gghost571 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Fage gets my vote
  • Goobs53
    Goobs53 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Fage every time - proper Greek yoghurt.
  • gardnerkennedy
    gardnerkennedy Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Mostly Chobani fruit on the bottom (0 or 2%), but usually whatever is on sale. I prefer plain, but it's hard to find as single-serving cups outside of Trader Joes.

I tried Noosa "Australian style" yogurt last week. Thick like Greek. Hands-down the best yogurt I have had in years.
  • epona08
    epona08 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    The only one I can stand the taste of so far (given I haven't tried too many yet) is Yoplait 100 calories. Either the Black Cherry or the Strawberry Cheesecake, yum.
  • upsaluki
    upsaluki Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Fage 0%
    Love it!

me too!

• williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    For plain stuff, I like Chobani or Great Value (Walmart brand). For flavored, I am in love with Chobani coconut (or the Flips, w/ coconut and dark chocolate--OMG, so good). Dannon Oikos flavors are good, too.

Really, though, I just buy a jug of plain nonfat, plus several of the single servings of whatever is on sale in any given week (0%, 2%, full fat, whatever).
  • RAdioND
    RAdioND Posts: 1
    Options
    In the interest of "don't let perfect be the enemy of good", use the one you like best! Having said that, some are better than others. You get better nutrition from dairy made from grass-fed cows: more conjugated lineoleic acid (helps with blood sugar regulation and fat loss) and Vitamin K (immunity, heart health, bone health). So Maple Hill is definitely grass fed. Siggi's, which is Icelandic style skyr and very similar to Greek, is mostly grass fed but can't guarantee it 100% of the time. Any yogurt labeled organic has to be at least partially grass fed and have no GMO's, so Stonyfield Farms and Wallaby fit this bill. I don't recommend Fage, Chobani, Dannon Oikos, or Yoplait because they cannot guarantee their cows don't eat GMO corn. Greek Pastures is a great organic Greek yogurt, no GMO's and grass fed; I've only seen this at Whole Foods but it's probably other places too. If you have a chance, even if you don't go often, go to the yogurt section at Whole Foods...the selection of organic/grass fed yogurt and skyr is TREMENDOUS!!!
  • TG1kms
    TG1kms Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Fage fat free. It's especially good with 1/2 scoop of JYM Smores protein mixed in!
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I make my own. Or I get Siggi's skyr.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    Cabot. Bonus: it's also the least expensive brand (where I shop). The light has more protein and fewer calories per cup with no more added sugars than the full-fat version, which confounds me. I didn't care for either Fage or Chobani.

That's how Stonyfield Farms lowfat french vanilla "normal" yogurt is...it has better macros all around and 60 fewer calories than the full fat whole milk version, and 1g less sugar. :/

I'm going to look and see if the stores by me have Cabot. I am not crazy about Greek Yogurt but I do like the higher protein.

• PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Green Mountain Creamery because it's free at the employee cafeteria. It's pretty decent.
  • Sickgrin
    Sickgrin Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Used to always get the Chobani plain 0%, but recently switched to Fage. Way better in my opinion..
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    Love the liberte 5% banana caramel!! Second choice would be their 2% lemon.
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    fage full fat get that cla!