Celiac/pre diabetic friendly recipes?

Options
I got diagnosed with celiac in November. I'm lacking in a lot of nutrients, can't have gluten and recent blood work shows that I'm pre-diabetic and pretty much all of my levels are in or close to red zone. Soo, my doctor told me to go on the paleo diet the best I can. I got a paleo cookbook and a few recipes but curious to know about others favorite recipes (:

Replies

• avoidtheclapp107
    avoidtheclapp107 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I made this quiche---it was amazing and like 122 calories a slice (I made it in a pie plate)

2.5-3cups cooked spaghetti squash (a little baby squash works—poke holes in it and pop it in the microwave for 7-8 minutes-then de-seed and scoop out the guts of this deliciousness)
    2 tbsp butter (if you use coconut oil, this will be dairy free!)
    1-2 cups diced mushrooms
    1 sweet onion
    2-3 cups kale
    5 eggs
    1/8 cup (approx) almond milk

Mix spaghetti squash and butter and form into a “crust” bake. I baked at 400 (not preheated) for 20 minutes...so somewhere around there so it’s not mushy.
    Cooked up the onion, kale, and mushrooms. Mix eggs and almond milk and whatever seasoning you want (garlic salt and smoked paprika)
    Let the crust cool for a little bit.
    Put in the veggies.
    Cover with eggs.

Bake. I did 450 for 1/2 hour.

I was pleasantly surprised by how amazing it looks/tastes! Can use any veggies you want, obvs.
  • leahmiddleton91
    Options
    That sounds delish! I'm going to be making that. Very creative too. Thanks! :)
  • jessicasim92
    Options
    You should try the gluten free recipes on the sidechef app. Just use the gluten free tag in the search.
  • leahmiddleton91
    Options
    Thanks!
  • Healthymom_5
    Healthymom_5 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Paleomom's blog is great! A warning to be careful with the carbs even from some veggies if you are prediabetic. Paleo needs to be tweaked to reduce carbs. My whole family has gone grain free and paleo ( they do have some yogurt/cheese though) and we are loving it. The low carb group here on MFP is great, and there is a prediabetes/diabetes group as well. Lots of food ideas there. Good for you to take control at your young age. Best to you!