Mix 1 protein shake

Options
hi i was wondering has any used mix 1 all natural protein shakes, as a snack or pre/post workout shake. i have purchased the mango and mixed berry and find that it taste pretty good and hold me over for at least 2 if not 3 hours. but the sugar content is 22grams and 200 calories in the 11 fl oz bottle.

To make a longer story short am i hindering my weight loss efforts ?.

Replies

• stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    How much protein? Seems like an awful lot of sugar. I do Premier Protein, 160 cal, 0 sugar, 30 gr protein, 11oz, pre-made shakes.

Message me if you would like!
  • saral89
    saral89 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    good protein supplements shouldnt have that much sugar. The one I'm currently taking has 2grams of sugar. BIG difference. Also try making them yourself out of your own fruits at home that will cut the calories alot also. My morning shake goes around 230 calories. Check outmy diary soyou can see it. :)
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    thats a lot of sugar.
    and a lot of cals for a protein drink.

buying the powder would be much cheaper. And I'd look for something with less cals/sugar personally.
  • mnromero
    mnromero Posts: 9
    Options
    I've been taking Pure Protein (buy at Target) for breakfast (with water) and it has helped me lose weight and keep me full for a few hours. Increasing your protein intake can help...from my experience. Hope this helps.
  • RoniDoll
    RoniDoll Posts: 262
    Options
    Mix 1 has preservatives and added sugar. You should stay clear away from it as it is bad for your health. Here is what’s in it that you should stay away from.

Maltodextrin, Juice Concentrate and Natural Flavor.

Maltodextrin is a preservative. Juice Concentrate is a sign that the fruit juice is not fresh and lack vitamins and antioxidants so all it really is, is added sugar that can mess with blood sugar and organ function. Natural Flavor is a chemically derived flavoring that comes from natural substances. If you see this in your food its a sure sing that the food or beverage is not one of great quality. hope this helps!
  • Contrary03
    Contrary03 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I use the "designer whey- weight control chocolate mix"...120cals: 15g-protein, 5g-fiber, 350mg-calcium, and 3g sugar.:drinker: Don't taste bad either.
  • msbrownbeauty87
    msbrownbeauty87 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    15 grams of whey protein isolate. I was looking for something pre-packaged that i can store in the fridge at work and have as a snack. it taste great but i guess the sugar has a lot to do with that. i workout in the am and two hours later usually take that as my snack to hold me over til lunch.
  • mnromero
    mnromero Posts: 9
    Options
    just checked and it has only 2 grams of sugar and 140 cals...i get chocolate and it tastes good too
  • msbrownbeauty87
    Options
    Thanks for the info i was just about to buy another case of this stuff
  • msbrownbeauty87
    Options
    and how much does it cost at target ? and do you use it more as breakfast or snack ?
  • MistyMtnMan
    MistyMtnMan Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I've been taking Pure Protein (buy at Target) for breakfast (with water) and it has helped me lose weight and keep me full for a few hours. Increasing your protein intake can help...from my experience. Hope this helps.
    I was going to suggest this too. Pure Protein makes great canned protein shakes that have really good nutrition.
  • CriticalX
    CriticalX Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    15 grams of whey protein isolate. I was looking for something pre-packaged that i can store in the fridge at work and have as a snack. it taste great but i guess the sugar has a lot to do with that. i workout in the am and two hours later usually take that as my snack to hold me over til lunch.
    drink a cup of milk is just as good as that
  • msbrownbeauty87
    Options
    does the pure protein have a nasty after taste or an aspartame taste to it ?