Bread, bread, beautiful bread!

Options
SarenaWM
SarenaWM Posts: 51 Member
So bread has been getting a lot of hate for a while now.. but I just love it! I try to stick to the healthier options like Ezekiel or Joseph's.. but sometimes a girl just wants a nice squishy white dinner roll.

What's your take on the bread debate? Do you think it's ok as long as it fits into your calories/macros, or do you avoid it at any cost?

Replies

• flabassmcgee
    flabassmcgee Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    IIFYM...
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    It's the same thing with anything really. Depends what else you're eating throughout the day and it depends how much bread you're eating. If you're getting enough fiber, protein, fat, and staying under your calorie goal, then you can eat however much bread you want and it's completely healthy for you.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I <3 carbs. Rolls, breadsticks, garlic bread, corn bread, biscuits, muffins, donuts, I could go on and on...
  • SarenaWM
    SarenaWM Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    hesn92 wrote: »
    I <3 carbs. Rolls, breadsticks, garlic bread, corn bread, biscuits, muffins, donuts, I could go on and on...
    Oh man.. you and me both!
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Yes. Bread is my friend. As are tortillas. Tortilla chips. Croissants. Yep carbs are good.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    hesn92 wrote: »
    Yes. Bread is my friend. As are tortillas. Tortilla chips. Croissants. Yep carbs are good.

These^^
  • arlington21
    arlington21 Posts: 34 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Lol I don't even think I can live without bread. I think it should be perfectly fine as long as it fits into your calorie goal and it would be great if it fit into your macros. Carbs are friends you can't get rid of XD
  • takumar
    takumar Posts: 42
    Options
    I'm fairly neutral on bread but my beef is the salt. Surprised how easily it takes daily sodium over the top.
  • judiness101
    judiness101 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I eat mostly grain free. But I can't live without the occasional bagel!
  • palwithme
    palwithme Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Baguettes and bagels are my weakness.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    Bread making is truly an art and after many many years I have found 2 bread makers and local where I have erected worship podiums for us grateful customers to weep from.
  • DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I eat bread! But I just eat it in moderation. If I have a bagel thin for breakfast.. I skip a roll or white bread for the day. But I do eat one bready thing per day. Once a week I eat a real deli bagel and it's heavenly!
  • DanniB423
    Options
    palwithme wrote: »
    Baguettes and bagels are my weakness.
    Never go to Panera Bread then! Lol
  • tinascar2015
    tinascar2015 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Bread has always been my weakness, and I've been baking loaf bread and baguettes, even pita bread, for most of my life. But I know myself and my weaknesses, so I've stopped baking it. I have an English muffin every day (Bay's are the BEST), but if I had loaves of homemade French bread here, there's no telling what I'd do. So since it's Throwback Thursday, here you go...zzard5a05dd4.jpg
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Any and all kinds of bread is the best. Fits into my day, everyday.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I actually bought a bread maker and make all kinds of breads on a regular basis. I must really hate bread. I love garlic and herb infused bread. Amazing with soups.
  • ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Bread makes me crave everything that is bad for me. I rarely eat any bread/grains anymore. However, when I do want a splurge, I make sure I follow with eating a healthy dose of protein. This usually keeps my cravings in check.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    I think bread makes good sandwiches....
  • DanniB423
    Options
    @tinascar2015‌ ohhhh my goodness! My kryptonite.
  • tinascar2015
    tinascar2015 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Danni, yeah, mine too, and it's even more heavenly when it's made into a stuffed Italian-sausage bread with cream cheese, garlic, Swiss cheese, Kalamata olives, roasted red peppers and sausage. I won't post that picture. That would be sheer torture. I make a dozen of those every Christmas for my husband to give as office gifts. He calls that bread his "job security".