Can I pre-set daily foods?

Options
LoriLmcia
LoriLmcia Posts: 15 Member
I think I saw somewhere that if you eat the same snack every day, you can pre-set your food to show that automatically, without entering it every day. Can anyone tell me if I can do this, and how to do it?

Replies

• SparkyinCanada
    SparkyinCanada Posts: 7 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Don't know but I would love to find out! I just enter a whole bunch of consecutive days at once that way those particular food show up as recent, but it would be great if there was another way.
  • RaspberryTickleChicken
    Options
    I don't know of any pre set available - maybe some other long term maintainers would be able to chime in.

However what I personally do is save each combination of foods as MEALS. A bit of a pain initially but once its there logging food is 2-3 clicks. Easy Peasy!

For example:
    My M-F Breakfast Consist of:
    • 1/2 Whole Grain English Muffin
    • Quinoa Egg Salad: Ingredients (I use the bar code scanner & scan the packaging if available & divide by 5)
    • Quinoa
    • Plain Greek Yogurt
    • Hard Boiled Eggs
    • Lite Miracle Whip
    • Lite Ranch
    • (I don't count spices)
    • Fresh Fruit
    • Tea w/sugar & 1% organic milk

I log in each individual component the first time.
    I save the whole thing under MEAL as 'BRKFST Quinoa Egg Salad Eng Muffin' (you can assign any name you wish. I just like to preface BRKFST LU EO etc for my own organization purposes)
    Then essentially I can 'pre-log' the entire week with QUICK ADD using the COPY FROM DATE feature.

If I had to log all that crap in individually everyday I'd have stopped logging a long time ago! It would be waay too time consuming.

I do this for any combination of foods I eat frequently. Lunch, dinner, favorite restaurant dishes etc. This way I can log most things within 2-3 clicks after the initial pain of looking things up & logging individual components.

P.S. And if I ever swap out a component lets say I took out the miracle whip for hummus, I simply load the existing saved meal, scan the hummus. Delete the miracle whip. Then use the SAVE AS feature which will prompt you to save as a new meal over overwrite the existing.

The meal function REALLY is an awesome time saving feature.

Best of luck to you!
  • nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Options
    I tend to have the same breakfast and snacks so I COPY FROM and advance through several days and pop it in.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    I just have my log settings (log mostly thru the phone app) to most recent. So when I go to log breakfast, my common entries are right there at the top of the list.
  • butlersoft
    butlersoft Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    You can save something as a meal to avoid recreating it everytime or you can copy from one day to the next.

There is no way to automatically have the app log days in advance for you though.