20 Down 57 to Go and Struggling With Body Changes

Options
2»

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    he was being supportive.

really, no one cares but you. just like no one cares about his missing ball. LOLOL

ive lost 4" off my bust since january. id really rather it came off my hips but hey- whatever. my husband doesnt care. my friends dont care. really, other than being frustrated with bras right now, even *I* don't care. (and if hubby did care id bring up a *kitten* load of stuff about him LMAO!)

this is going to be a YOU battle. and, as another poster said, as you continue to lose weight, your body will most likely re-porportion itself so you still look nice.

Actually I did find myself wondering how much it weighed @SergeantSausage‌

:laughs:
  • karaboo20
    karaboo20 Posts: 33
    Options
    kaitcxlv wrote: »
    Since puberty I have always had a large chest. I knew that this would change significantly with weight loss, and it would be something I had to accept to become happy and healthy. This will not prevent me from pursuing a healthy body weight, but I find it difficult that something so tied with my identity is changing...

This seems a little silly even as I'm typing it. At the weight and shape I'm at I definitely have insecurities. This was the one asset/feature I could feel confident about. As much as I am seeing significant changes for the better with my body, I think the reason I am struggling is because I cannot imagine what the end result will look and feel like.

I guess what I am wondering is if I am alone on this one... and if not, how have you gotten past those negative feelings?

I have always been big chested as well. I have amazing breasts especially for them to be between a d/dd and sit up as perky as a b, so I understand what you mean by being afraid of what it will be like when they are not as large. Right now I am currently the largest I have been 160, but I generally used to be around 130-135 and was a good C... Once I lost weight and went down to 120 and was a B.... Being someone that had always had decent sized breasts I LOVED my smaller Breast. They were awesome! I could wear the cutest bras, shirts that I had always wanted to wear but couldn't because of my big breasts now looked great, or if I just didn't feel like wearing a bra I for the first time didn't have to. And If having small breasts is not for you you can always get a breast enhancement ;-) . Embrace the changes, you will find good in them. Try buying some sexy bras, that always helped me. :-
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I'm "gifted" that way too, but I'm old, and will spare you the sordid tale of what gravity and time do to large tracts of land. My weight has yo-yo'ed over the years without ever vastly affecting that particular stretch of real estate.

Saying that, you know what people who love you are going to care about? Your outlook. When you lose the weight, you're going to feel accomplished (because you've succeeded at something you set out to do), you're going to be healthier, and all of that is going to radiate from you in an air of confidence. That sort of stuff is the stuff that matters, hun. Embrace it and look forward to it.

Boobs deflate and sag with age. It's good to shrink them now while they're young and perky. Trust me.
  • D_squareG
    D_squareG Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to lose some off my boobs! They keep me from buttoning that size 12 jacket that used to fit so well! Don't worry. A healthy weight is much more impressive than big boobs. You can always buy some if you need to!:)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I lost a nut... and I didn't even get the benefit of getting "happy and healthy" while it happened.

It's gone. Completely.

So what?

So.

What.

So your knockers get smaller.

So.

What.

Nobody cares like you think they do.

Nobody who matters, anyway.

I have not forced anyone to read or reply to this. I'm sorry that you feel the need to project your loss on others... Clearly you care enough to troll these posts and minimize people you don't even know. You realize you're posting in a diet and weight loss help forum right? Thanks for the support pal ;). Best of luck.

Wow, he was being supportive!
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    There's a chance your "knockers" won't get much smaller. I've significantly decreased in band size (38-32) but instead of being a 38D (starting out), I'm now a 32FF or G (depending on bra). So, in 45lbs mine didn't really "go away". Of course, at 36, the gravity fairy has came and they aren't perky as they use to be.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Since puberty I have always had a large chest. I knew that this would change significantly with weight loss, and it would be something I had to accept to become happy and healthy. This will not prevent me from pursuing a healthy body weight, but I find it difficult that something so tied with my identity is changing...

This seems a little silly even as I'm typing it. At the weight and shape I'm at I definitely have insecurities. This was the one asset/feature I could feel confident about. As much as I am seeing significant changes for the better with my body, I think the reason I am struggling is because I cannot imagine what the end result will look and feel like.

I guess what I am wondering is if I am alone on this one... and if not, how have you gotten past those negative feelings?

It is hard to imagine the end result when your appearance is changing. I take measurements every month and I have projected where I think I'll measure at my goal and it is hard to wrap my mind around my waist being 10" smaller someday. Fortunately, I am doing slow weight loss so have time to get used to the changes.
    In terms of breast changes, I was freaked out that one breast seemed to be getting smaller noticeably faster than the other side. They seem to be evening out again but definitely had some moments of feeling anxious about ending up lopsided. I think that with my belly getting smaller my breasts look bigger even though they are not.
    Your breasts will still be breasts no matter the size. Someone out there will find them attractive because they are breasts. They will still function the same. You don't know exactly what they will look like but they will probably be in proportion to the rest of you. If your breasts stayed exactly the same while the rest of your body got smaller you might not like that much because they would still look different in relationship to your body.
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Focus on the positives. Everything in life has good and bad. It's what we choose to see that determines our happiness. Instead of focusing on my smaller bust (which also seems to sag a bit now) - I try to celebrate running up the stairs without getting out of breath, buttoning on those size 12 jeans (used to be 18!), and the beautiful hour glass shape that is emerging from all my hard work.

I'm also 24....and I feel like this weight loss journey (along with some other things in my life) are helping me mature and realize a lot about life. First, people's opinions of you do not matter. Only your own opinion matters. Second, what's on the inside matters way more than what the outside looks like. Third, when you work hard at something it gives you something to be proud of, something to live for. Fourth, you have one body and only one body - be healthy and take care of it, whatever that healthy body looks like.

I could go on but I feel rambly-ish. Point is OP, yes most of us go through issues with accepting our new bodies (and really it could just be our old body-bashing habits looking for something to tell us we aren't good enough). Chin up, push forward, and learn to love yourself no matter what you look like.
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I lost a nut... and I didn't even get the benefit of getting "happy and healthy" while it happened.

It's gone. Completely.

So what?

So.

What.

So your knockers get smaller.

So.

What.

Nobody cares like you think they do.

Nobody who matters, anyway.

I have not forced anyone to read or reply to this. I'm sorry that you feel the need to project your loss on others... Clearly you care enough to troll these posts and minimize people you don't even know. You realize you're posting in a diet and weight loss help forum right? Thanks for the support pal ;). Best of luck.

D.G. I.

That "woosh" you just heard was my point sailing far over your head.

• SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    he was being supportive.

really, no one cares but you. just like no one cares about his missing ball. LOLOL

My point, exactly.
    (Someone gets it)

rabbitjb wrote: »

Actually I did find myself wondering how much it weighed @SergeantSausage‌

:laughs:

A bit over twice the average ... the extra ... uhhh ... necessitated its removal.