Whats been your biggest challenge (or achievement)?

Options
Whats been the biggest change youve had to make towards losing weight and getting fit? For me exercise was easy but I really needed to stay away from sugar. Anyone else have a demon theyve had to confront, so to speak??

Replies

• runfoorun
    runfoorun Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Nutella and cheeseburgers, not together :)
  • AlisonTheNerd
    AlisonTheNerd Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm struggling with my general health. I have fibromyalgia, and I'm constantly in pain lately. The winter has been terrible, and every time I do work out, I can not (without a ton of pain) walk for two or three days after. That makes it very hard to motivate myself to keep going.
  • rosnigetsfit
    rosnigetsfit Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    People see me as a gym/calorie counting *kitten*. When I try to socialize normally, they always end up talking about how conscious i am towards food and how i've become so beastly. But who cares.. I love myself now.
  • iambold
    iambold Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    when I'm hungry, " stretching out foods", or only eating when I'm REALLY hungry. making something that's going to be beneficial to my new Journey, so I stay moving down on the scale & up in a lean way.' ( if that makes sense ) good luck everyone!
  • callywan
    callywan Posts: 6
    Options
    My new roommates keep sweets around ALL the time. I used to have no problem with maintaining my weight because I didn't keep that stuff around ever. Now that's it's in the cupboards and out in plain sight, it's MUCH harder to resist. That's been -and is - my biggest struggle: self-control when I'm directly confronted with junk food/sweets. (That aside I do *LOVE* my new roommates:)
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    I have just kept going and not stopped. 3 weeks ago I couldn't hardly do 1 lung. Yesterday I did 100. 3 weeks ago it took me 25min to go 1 mile. Yesterday I did it in 15:30. I just want to keep getting better, and I can only do that if I keep going!
  • mars55991
    mars55991 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Staying out of the peanut butter jar.
  • illumination84
    illumination84 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My office keeps a full pantry of snacks, some of them are nuts and dried fruit that are healthier than baked goods and sweets but when I'm trying to cut calories, even the healthy options can be detrimental to my resolve. I feel tht the corporate environment (long hours, stress and sweets) are putting a toll on my lifestyle.
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Exercise, no problem. Eat less/better, no problem. Drinking beer=problem. I have a really hard time saying no to beer and I'm either an all or nothing drinker. If I have one, it leads to another and another and another...I can't just have one, so instead I try not to drink at all. I'm still struggling with it, but getting better. It's a hard habit to break. Get home, pop a beer and go about my nightly chores.