Eating a BIG meal at night?

Options
Is there any reason, you shouldn't eat your main meal of the day (500calories+) 4-5 hours before going to sleep?
Can this lead to the build up of fat from the massive amount of calories not getting burnt?

Replies

• myfatass78
    myfatass78 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    No but it will sit in your stomach and keep you awake.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    No, its fine.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    No. And I don't have any trouble sleeping if I eat right before bed but I'm a champion sleeper.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    It is fine. The body's digestion and other processes work 24 hours a day.
    People doing forms of "intermittent fasting" essentially do that: skip breakfast and have two meals late in the day -- or variations there of.
  • honeybee_kisses
    honeybee_kisses Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I always save the bulk of my calories for my evening meal. It doesn't stop me sleeping or make me uncomfortable at all
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I typically save most of my calories for dinner at the end of the day. Hasn't been a problem for me. Your body dosen't stop burning calories when you go to sleep and automacially store everything not used that day as fat just so it can start fresh tomorrow.
  • blbst36
    blbst36 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    myfatass78 wrote: »

No it won't

If you have acid reflux, this could cause issues, but otherwise, it's fine. In fact, the more I think about it, I eat about this long before I go to bed and sometimes sooner.
  • MiltonAFC
    MiltonAFC Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    It's fine. It's all preference. Some days I have evenly portioned meals and others I prefer a big dinner. Caloric intake is what's important.

Your body isn't going to say "Oh no! It's 7:01pm, turn everything into fat now!"
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I always save the bulk of my calories for my evening meal. It doesn't stop me sleeping or make me uncomfortable at all

Me too!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    myfatass78 wrote: »

some people it might.

But I eat regularly at night- "saving" my calories like Honeybee does for a larger meal.

I prefer eating late at night- because of my schedule- so I do.

I regularly have 3-5 scrambled eggs with bacon at night before I got to bed. None issue.

:edit: none issue unless it gives YOU specifically acid reflux. Then don't do it.