Cold after exercise

Options
About an hour after I finish my workout, I get freezing cold. I start shivering and it takes awhile to warm back up. Does anyone else have this problem?

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,967 Member
    Options
    That happens to me if I walk or cycle (but especially cycle) when the temperature drops below about 10°C ... and/or if there is a cold wind ... and/or if it rains on me and there is a cold wind ... and/or if I am slightly underdressed ... and/or if I stay in my workout clothes a little while after my walk or cycle, like for example, if we drive somewhere to cycle and it takes 20 min to drive home and I just stay in my workout clothes for the drive.

I just wrap myself in a blanket and turn the heat up ... and eventually I get warm again.
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Do you shower right after? If you don't shower, especially if you stay in your sweaty workout clothes, that sweat starts to cool down and makes you cold. A nice warm shower always fixes me right up.
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Yes. Its awful. I turn into a block of ice that can only be remedied with a hot shower or bath.
  • JustWant2Run
    JustWant2Run Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Do you shower right after? If you don't shower, especially if you stay in your sweaty workout clothes, that sweat starts to cool down and makes you cold. A nice warm shower always fixes me right up.

Exactly! Shower or change clothes.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I am usually super warm when I get home from the gym on the days I run. I take a shower and put on sweats and a tshirt. About 30 minutes later, I am freezing and have to put on a sweatshirt. I am usually fine after that, unless I am drinking something cold, then I have to put a blanket over me.
  • MrCoolGrim
    MrCoolGrim Posts: 351 Member
    Options

^^this
  • betsysjl
    betsysjl Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I guess I will be showering sooner and keep dressing warm.