21 day fix

Options
hey everyone! Has anyone tried the 21 day fix? I just ordered it and I'm very excited, I can't wait to start! Does anyone have any tips or advice for the fix? Feel free to add me so we can support each other :)

Replies

• PinkCoconut
    PinkCoconut Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I did it in the fall and love it! Such an innovative program and I recommend it to everyone I know! Biggest tip I can give you is to follow and stick with the nutrition program. Do that and you'll get GREAT results! Feel free to add me! :)
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    I just ordered it. I don't expect to lose 15 pounds but I think the workouts look good and I am excited about how simple the nutrition plan is!
  • marie2779
    marie2779 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried it but I also ordered it and will be starting as soon as it arrives!
  • kbushnell
    kbushnell Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    So I am thinking about ordering this I have been doing 4 weeks of the t25 and shakeology not losing what I am wanting and thinking 21 day fix may work better. But I was just wondering do you fill up those containers and that is your food for the day? It doesn't really go into detail.
  • kyunda
    kyunda Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    kbushnell wrote: »
    So I am thinking about ordering this I have been doing 4 weeks of the t25 and shakeology not losing what I am wanting and thinking 21 day fix may work better. But I was just wondering do you fill up those containers and that is your food for the day? It doesn't really go into detail.

Yes. Based on the calories that it says you can have, you get a certain numbers of each color. For instead the red is for your protein and if you're in the higher calorie 2100-2300 you would get 6 red containers a day.
  • 04hoopsgal73
    04hoopsgal73 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    It is a nutrition based program. If you eat within your calorie intake you'll lose weight.
    The containers organize your menu as they are set by color for food categories, and how many ounces go in them. Like other sound nutrtion programs, it works if you do it!
  • lisamarie447
    lisamarie447 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I love it... So far! I have it and have been trying to get started a few times now.. Had a sick baby and sick hubby this week so it kinda threw me off track. Going to start again tomorrow!
  • wendymcrowe
    wendymcrowe Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just ordered it, also. I would love to be added to a group, if you're starting one. Mine should be delivered late in the week, but I started Jillian's 30 Day Shred yesterday, and will continue until the 21 day fix comes.
  • UtahWI
    UtahWI Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I am starting the third week. I do not use the containers, rather I set up my calorie and macro goals here according to what the plan outlines, and just log as always. The workouts are very nice and I am getting a lot out of them. I had written the program off when it first came out, but am glad I got it. I also enjoy her teaching style, she is straightforward, pleasant, doesn't talk too much or yell or any of that nonsense.
    The modifier has been in many many workouts over the years and does a great job with modifications, if you need to follow those.

I took measurements before I started but never got the pictures taken properly, and I regret it. When I finish this week I am going to take them, then start the Extreme version and see what happens.
  • justinenh
    justinenh Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I ordered it on Friday so should get it this week. My cousin had great results & raved about it. It sounds very sensible, like WW, in that you can eat what you want as long as you're accountable for it & control your quantities. The exercise routines look great. Until it arrives, I've borrowed a friend's T25 to use for a few days to give that program a shot. I am sooooo bored with my treadmill after this long, snowy winter & looking for an exercise boost!
  • aektroop
    aektroop Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I just ordered and am starting March 9. I know it's all about cal deficit but it's fun to try out new ways to look at things. And portion control has always been my issue! I have also heard the workouts are great. If anyone starts a group, please add me!
  • michellersalo
    michellersalo Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I am on day 8 of the program. Definitely takes some planning (we do our meal prep for the week every Sunday). But keeps me focused... Let me know if you need anything!
  • amandanilo
    amandanilo Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 2! I'm down 4.6lbs total. I was expecting more, but then again, I have been slacking on my workouts. It's all about accountability.

The containers are a huge help. I went from eating a half a box of pasta to just this little containers worth of whole wheat. I was hungry at first, but by week 2, I find myself not really craving the junk I craved before.

I use the Vegan Chocolate Shakeology and I have to say that I LOVE the taste! I mix it with unsweetened almond milk and a "purple container" of frozen cherries. The workouts are great and the instructor is super motivating.

I dont eat meat, but I eat some fish, sometimes. Before I started this program, my diet was based around carbs. I think the past 2 weeks, I've increased my protein intake more than ever.

All in all, I'm a fan. However, meal prep is KEY or it becomes easy to say "I'll just have a ____" whatever that may be. Pizza, fries, etc. Prepping has defintely saved me from making poor choices.

Add me! I'd like to have more friends doing the program.
  • karlav1394
    karlav1394 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Wow thank you so much everyone! Who'd like to start a group? I've never done it but I'm sure it would definitely motivate me to stick to it!
  • juliascendxr
    Options
    What exactly is it?
  • SatiaRenee
    SatiaRenee Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. There's a group here on MFP for people doing the 21 Day Fix. You can find it here: community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/103806-21-day-fixers

I am waiting for renovations in my home to be done so I can move furniture out of every other room and have space to exercise again but I figured I can start using the food containers and, when everything in the house is back to normal, I'll be starting the DVDs and do the 3 Day Quick Fix.
  • karlav1394
    karlav1394 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    What exactly is it?

The 21 day fix is a program which gives you containers to portion out your food instead of counting calories and weighing food. It comes with workouts that you do everyday (all 7 days of the week). They are only half hour and each day is different (cardio, upper, lower, abs, yoga, Pilates etc).
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
  • DedicationPays
    DedicationPays Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I just order 21 day fix about 2 days ago....looking forward to starting it after I finish T25 since I'm in month 2....looking for a switch up before I start gamma round of T25....I've lost 16 lbs on T25 so far looking forward to getting more training nutrition wise see if I can nudge 10-15 lbs off with 21 day fix as well....add me I'm looking forward to others results and rate of 21 day fix!!!
  • jtempalski
    Options
    I just ordered the extreme version last night.... I have been doing Turbo fire for two months and just switched to T25 this week. Since Jan 7th with just watching how I eat and working out daily, I have lost over 10lbs... so hoping once I get the 21 Day fix I can kick it up a notch. Since I do such extreme workouts, I hear the regular 21 Day fix might be kind of "bland"... hoping the extreme version are better. Good luck to all who are going to or are currently doing the 21 day fix!! Feel free to add me.... I try to log in daily to MFP!