Back on track...again

Options
kbeaumont88
kbeaumont88 Posts: 35 Member
So I had done really well last year... March 2013-June 2014, lost 30 pounds (15 away from my ultimate goal) and was running almost 60 minutes at a time (a huge accomplishment for me) a few times a week. Not sure what really went wrong... just stopped running and then slowly started to eat more of the old foods and before I know it I'm up 40 pounds...the highest I have ever weighed. In less than a year. Well now it's time to seriously get back on track and stay on track. I now know what NOT to do.

So I am started today with a small "detox" just to get my mind right. Planning on 600 calories today-Sunday, 900 Monday-Wednesday (or Friday, not sure) then back up to 1200. As I add the calories back I will be running, training for a 5k and 10k in April. Then I will slowly add back exercise calories too so that I don't net below 1200.

I've been here before, I know to just eat at a calorie deficit and move more and that is what I intend to do in the long term. But for the next week or so I am going to cut back... remind myself that I do not need as much food as I think I do.

Here's to getting back on track...for good!

Replies

• mwalker86
    mwalker86 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi kbeaumont88 I wish you all the best of luck. I'm in the same boat losing almost 60 lbs and gaining 70+ back. I'm not a runner but I like walking and exercise videos. It helps knowing what not to do. "Here's to getting back on track...for good!"

• Sunshine48205
    Sunshine48205 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I soooo understand. I lost 35lbs using MFP last year and I gained it all plus another 15. Sheesh, why is it so hard to keep going or even maintain for that matter? :s I'm starting over today as well. Good luck to us both!
  • wrightontrack
    Options
    I feel like we are in the same boat! Lost ~30 last year and gained -45 back- eeeek! I don't run due to injury (however used to love it) but do cross training ~4x/week. This time just feels like it's going so much slower!

BUT it can happen and we can all do this! Baby steps!
  • Bbecatti
    Bbecatti Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have yo-yo dieted all of my adult life (40 years) I'm going to do it this time and keep it off. My first goal is to get under 200, I've been over 200 since I had my daughter 34 years ago.. still trying to loose that baby weight, lol. The one thing I would like to impress upon you young things, DO IT NOW! Don't wait until you have health issues because of diabeties. I've taken oral meds for diabeties for 10 years so it "wasn't really bad" or so I thought, I'm now dealing with partial blindness in one eye as well as neuropothy in my feet. Take care of yourselves!
  • YanskaNY
    YanskaNY Posts: 103 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Best of luck to you! I am here for a new start as well. Life has thrown me some major curves and I need to get control of my health and weight. Let's do this!! :)
  • youtastelike
    youtastelike Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi, best luck for everyone! I'm starting again too, after maintaning a sporty figure for a couple of years, ~40 pounds just crawled up, and I'm fed up with them now! Track me if you would like, I'm on a 1000 net calorie diet, and I plan to maintain it for a while. If you have any idea that how can I run without getting awfully bored, I would be very grateful - even my favourite music ceased to help ;) Have a nice day!
  • Sapey
    Sapey Posts: 1
    Options
    hey babe
  • Dwyndle
    Dwyndle Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Today is the first day of the rest of life. My weight has always fluctuated, I've been lean and I've been plump. Now I'm plump again and need to lose 20 pounds. Been telling myself for the last three years 'Oh, I'll get around to losing the weight eventually', but all I've done is gain 5 more! So I'm going to give it a proper go this time with MFP. I'm also a runner, but don't like the winter weather so not run in 5 months. Time to get going again. My biggest frustration is all the beautiful clothes I have that I can't fit in to until I lose the weight, so there's my motivation...my wardrobe!

GOOD LUCK everyone!!
  • sannsk
    sannsk Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    me too, starting over as well ! lost 18 kg with MFP from sep 2012 - sep 2013, then I just stopped :-( As for now, I gained the 18 kg back and feel really stupid :p
    I hope to be able to get back on track and when I reach my goal, that I will be able to maintain what I achieved.
    I'm glad we're on the same boat and that there are others on the boat too :wink: Good luck to you! You know you can do it because you've done it before ;-)
  • youtastelike
    youtastelike Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    sannsk wrote: »
    You know you can do it because you've done it before ;-)

Yes, this sentence IS a motivation! thanks!

• abels12
    abels12 Posts: 1
    Options
    Another getting back-on-tracker checking in. I lost 30 pounds last year by cutting out most processed foods, nixing all sodas except my very favorite one (which I drink only as a real treat), and doing yoga and taking brisk walks. Then last fall on a trip to a city where you have to do a boatload of walking, I fell and badly re-injured an old sports injury in my leg, putting me out of commission for 3 months. I'm back where I started now, but things have also settled down and my leg is healthy again, so it's time to stop making excuses and do this thing.

And that sentence *is* a motivation! We've done it before, and we can do it again, right?