Females: Hunger before that time of the month!

Options
Just curious if anyone else is in a similar boat.

I have been on a cut for the last 3 weeks, lost 3 Lbs the last weight in. Two days before my period I was starving all the time. I don't think I went above my maintenance calories but damn I don't think it will help with my weigh in tomorrow.

Anything you guys do to help with this???

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I eat a little bit extra--something like 200 calories more for a day or two. Four hundred calories, in the long run, isn't going to hurt anything. But it helps (me) immensely because I feel better and can go about my day like normal rather than thinking about how hungry I am.
  • moose_mama
    moose_mama Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    I eat a little bit extra--something like 200 calories more for a day or two. Four hundred calories, in the long run, isn't going to hurt anything. But it helps (me) immensely because I feel better and can go about my day like normal rather than thinking about how hungry I am.

^This. Yesterday I ate an extra 243 calories. I was still under my maintenance calories though.
  • vanessafinalbattle
    vanessafinalbattle Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yeah it just sucks because I can't control it. I'm soo glad I am back to "normal" now.

Hope my weigh in shows that I am still at a loss.
  • squirrlt
    squirrlt Posts: 106 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I combat the drive to overeat at this time by paying homage to the chocolate goddesses by increasing my chocolate intake ( and drinking more water), in hopes that they will be merciful and not compel me to binge on an entire pizza nor blight my face with a giant chin zit. I have a 75% success rate with this tactic.
  • twhaley1990
    twhaley1990 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I reset my goal for maintenance and pray.
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    squirrlt wrote: »
    I combat the drive to overeat at this time by paying homage to the chocolate goddesses by increasing my chocolate intake ( and drinking more water), in hopes that they will be merciful and not compel me to binge on an entire pizza nor blight my face with a giant chin zit. I have a 75% success rate with this tactic.
    \

We practice the same religion with close to the same rate of success

• KrunchyMama
    KrunchyMama Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I eat at maintenance for those two days. Scale goes up by 2 lbs that week, then normalizes and continues on it's downward trend
  • katherine_startrek_fan
    Options
    Like others, I allow myself to eat up to maintenance and consume more chocolate as well as milk for the two worst days.