Can I rant today please??

Options
feeling fed up today with it all.

I weighed myself at the gym today pre-workout and have overnight gone from 11st11 to 12 stone dead, which I know is probably water weight etc from lifting yesterday but still it is so de motivating.

As I've mentioned before I'm a shift worker and I had about 6 hours sleep last night, up at 4:14 this morning and I find it so hard to work out straight after a 9 hour shift. I still do it of course but I'm sure my workout suffers as a result.

I've lost nearly a stone and a half since January 6th and I'm so scared of going backwards.

I don't want pity or anything, but just needed to let it out here. I think my wife gets bored with the fitness talk! Poor woman!

I'm sure my belly/gut looks bigger than last week but I could be imagining it.

Sorry, hate days like today.

Thanks for letting me rant!

BFM

Replies

• Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    We all have them. :| Remember working out is mainly for health and strength. Eating right is what really keeps the weight loss going. Hopefully you can get some more sleep and tomorrow will be better.
  • missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Rant away.

I work the night shift, and I pretty much almost never work out after work - only before (if I have the energy) and my days off (if I have the energy). IMO, being more careful with your diet (calories in vs. calories out) will go a long way to helping you achieve your weight loss goals. Yes, the exercise is important, but with shift work, getting enough sleep and eating right are paramount.

Good luck, and keep plugging away.
  • boredfatman
    boredfatman Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Thank you both. Just one of those rubbish days. You are 100% correct re the food side of things. I just feel immensely lazy if I don't go to the gym. Strange how my mind has adopted that now...
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    We all have those days and they suck. Things will get better soon :smile:
  • cobygrey
    cobygrey Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I had a recent melt down myself. Just don't quit.
  • boredfatman
    boredfatman Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I won't quit, that's for sure. I think I'm just incredibly tired today.
  • Bellodesiderare
    Bellodesiderare Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I've been in maintenance for 7 months and I STILL have bad days. It's completely normal!! Keep going; you won't regret it :)