Whole30

Options
Hello all! I am curious about the Whole30 way of eating. Has anyone tried it? Anyone have good results? I came to the realization that I am gluten intolerant (not celiacs, it just causes me migraines and bloating), so I was thinking about giving it a try. It seems pretty restrictive, but I am in need of losing the weight I gained after having to retire from roller derby... I need to get back into shape so that I can return to derby when my schedule is more open.

Replies

• RachaelStJ
    RachaelStJ Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I just started the Whole30 again. I did it last year with AMAZING results. I slept through the night, woke up refreshed, had tons of energy to get through my day and hit the gym up, and I just all around felt good about myself. My emotions were in check. The losing weight aspect of it was almost just a bonus.

I stopped eating so healthy when my Whole30 was over and I regret it terribly. I have noticed lately that I may be gluten intolerant, as I have noticed that I get flushed, painful hiccups, and stomach pains when I scarf down my beloved sandwiches!

I have lots of great recipes for Whole30, and tips that helped me get through it. I'm only two days in so we can support each other through the month of March if you would like! I'll send a friend request your way.

Also, that is AWESOME you do roller derby. :smiley:
  • Katiebear_81
    Katiebear_81 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I have done it several times. When I was younger (and much heavier), it worked well because I loaded up on veggies (vs. other high calories foods). I believe that I have some intolerance issues, but don't avoid gluten entirely because it's too much work for the things that get better.

The last time I attempted a whole 30, I didn't lose any weight. I think that I had a little less bloat, but otherwise NOTHING changed for me.
  • manythemiles82
    manythemiles82 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just started yesterday. While I hope to lose weight, what I really need help with is my gastritis. My stomach is so irritated from how I've been eating. I also have insulin resistant PCOS and would like to reduce my insulin levels.
  • Katiebear_81
    Katiebear_81 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I just started yesterday. While I hope to lose weight, what I really need help with is my gastritis. My stomach is so irritated from how I've been eating. I also have insulin resistant PCOS and would like to reduce my insulin levels.

Excellent reasons to do a Whole 30!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    once again another brilliant creator got to get in on this game
  • Malyss13
    Malyss13 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Alrighty, I have survived 3 days so far! Only one major headache and that was the first day. But I am already starting to feel better in many areas. The regular daily headaches have already stopped! Yay. Looking forward to seeing how this goes! :smiley:
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    No ice cream? No cookies? What kind of madman would do this to people? And it has "official rules" What's that all about? No thanks.
  • Malyss13
    Malyss13 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    No ice cream? No cookies? What kind of madman would do this to people? And it has "official rules" What's that all about? No thanks.

Hahaha. It isn't for everyone. But those of us that are bothered by certain foods must make sacrifices to find the right way of eating that will enable them to be healthy and lose weight. Everyone has their own journey! Mine unfortunately doesn't allow for cookies. Unless I am willing to have blinding migraines. Trust me, I would love to find a plan that allowed me to eat those things in moderation. My body however disagrees with me! :neutral_face: