Do you have health kicks?

Options
I seem to go through phases of either being totally dedicated to weight loss or apathetic. Do you? How have you overcome it?

Replies

• GlindaGoodwitch
    GlindaGoodwitch Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Yes, and I hate it. When I set my mind to it, I do so well, but as soon as I choose to look the other way, game over. It usually takes me a while to get over it, but it always seems to coincide with other things like 'omg we spent xx on fast food/eating out over the last month" and then suddenly I can get it together again - fresh food at home, bringing my lunch to work instead of going out etc. I also find that once my food is back on track, other parts of my life get back on track too - I want to exercise. I have more energy, so more gets done around the house, I'm happier... :)

That and when my "comfy clothes" become less comfy - treadmill and a veggie tray. STAT.
  • ianslevine
    ianslevine Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Jenni,

Thank you for your reply. I'm the same way. With me, though, I think I get cocky--like, ok I lost 25 pounds--I got this. Nuh-uh. I was just reading that people on myfitnesspal who share their food diaries with 'accountabilibuddies' lose more weight. Would you like to team up?

Ian
  • GlindaGoodwitch
    GlindaGoodwitch Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Sure! I'd join that team. I need to be held accountable :)
  • florez_ca
    Options
    YES!!!! I live health and fitness kicks.. Go hard, then next thing i know i'm totally sedentary!!

I want to be super tonneeeeed, so I won't let this happen anymore! SUPER TONED By July!!! I'd love to join the accountabilibuddies ! :smiley:
  • ianslevine
    ianslevine Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Dear Florez_ca,

Let's keep Eachother in check by sharing diaries. Any ideas for a team name? I was thinking something facetious and nostalgic like The Phatties, lol.

Ian
  • rachelklewis3
    rachelklewis3 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Yes. 2 years a go I lost 25 lbs., stopped logging and exercising then gained 30 lbs. I'm definitely on a "kick" now and hope to stay on it... forever!