After baby losing weight advice

Options
just wanted to know if anyone had any advice for how to lose all that extra tummy fat after having a baby. I know diet and exercise help but are there any other tricks out there?

Replies

• Farm_Girl_Strong
    Farm_Girl_Strong Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Honestly it's the hardest place to lose after a baby. I had three and two were by c-section. The only thing that helps me is about 10-15 per day focusing on strengthening my abs, I should probably focus longer and alternate days... But honestly I have no time for that!

Hope that helps a little bit :)
  • salenamartine
    Options
    Thanks! Yeah I had a c section too and I feel like my body will never be the same plus I was already overweight before I got pregnant so it's extra hard.
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Just give it time. I was overweight when I got pregnant, and it's taken me almost a year and half after delivery to get to where I am now. Enjoy your baby, and try to make a couple better choices during the day. :) When they're tiny, strap them on your chest and go for walks. It's so much easier before they hit the "I want to walk everywhere!" stage. Otherwise stick to your calorie goal, and try to sneak in some exercise during nap/bedtime. Good luck!
  • CatHunterFit
    CatHunterFit Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I saw that Fitness Model Jamie Eason has just released a free post-pregnancy program on Bodybuilding.com

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-eason-post-pregnancy-trainer.html

Looks like exactly what you are looking for!
  • salenamartine
    Options
    Thanks you guys! Yeah he's 11 months old and I've lost about half of what i gained and I'm still breastfeeding. Using the calorie tracker the past week I've lost 4 lbs which is great! My son started walking at 8 months and is a total handful so I try to get in workouts when he's sleeping and take him for walks in the stroller.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I've had 2 c-sections. After my first, I was really obese (BMI over 40...my second child is 9 months). I'm currently about 6lbs away from a healthy BMI which is the lowest I've been in years. Anyway, my stomach is slowly looking better. I don't do a lot of ab work like crunches or anything. Mostly because while they help strengthen your abs, they don't actually get rid of the fat in that area. I've recently started Stronglifts 5x5 for 2 reasons. First, I just got a gym membership (with a daycare) at the start of last month. Second, because I'm pretty sure lifting heavy is the way to get to where I want to be.

Oh and if you haven't read this thread, you might want to (the lady who wrote it has kids):

edit: having trouble pasting link give me a min
    ok:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1
  • salenamartine
    Options
    What are strong lifts? I wish I could afford a gym membership right now but I'll have to wait on that. I had a c section too and I feel like my stomach will never be the same. I just want improvement.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Stronglifts 5x5 is a workout program that uses a barbell.
    The workouts are:
    Workout A-
    • Squat
    • Benchpress
    • Barbell Row
    Workout B-
    • Squat
    • Overhead Press
    • Deadlift

You start with just the weight of the bar. When you can successfully do 5 sets of 5 reps of any given weight (success being with good form) then you add 5lbs the next time you do it.

The workouts alternate. So it ends up being
    Week 1 - A rest B rest A rest rest
    Week 2 - B rest A rest B rest rest
    and so on
  • salenamartine
    Options
    Thanks I think I will try that. I don't have a barbell but I have free weights. That's amazing how much weight you've lost! Definitely an inspiration!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    just wanted to know if anyone had any advice for how to lose all that extra tummy fat after having a baby. I know diet and exercise help but are there any other tricks out there?

No tricks

eat at a calorie defecit to lose weight

lift heavy things and put them down again to maintain your musculature

give it time
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
  • SarahKhristan
    SarahKhristan Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

I have to stamp this - great website - lots of information on lifting and even where to begin.