evil scale

Options
Hi people, how often do you weigh yourself?

Replies

• Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Hello, I weigh myself every morning, but I don't really pay much attention to it unless I am weighing myself to log. I think for me it is just a habit that I developed back when I was a weight I liked and maintained. It is not for everyone!
  • agratzy
    agratzy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning! It can drive me bonkers watching it fluctuate but I know it is water retention or other random things most of the time. I weigh at the same time every day and before I eat anything. Most people don't do it every day but I like to! Helps me know my body.
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    yup daily weigher here myself. log once a week though. i understand that if it goes up it is 'normal' and it no longer stresses me out. i just find it interesting
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Every day and log it in a spreadsheet to see the trend. If I only weighed once week it would drive me crazy, fluctuations would mean I'd feel like I never knew how much I actually weighed.
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I weigh in Monday, Wednesday, and Friday to see how I progress during the week. I also plot out my weight over time so I can see the trend of where my weight is going. That way, it keeps me from getting distracted by the daily weight fluctuations that happen.
  • jhall260
    jhall260 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily, I log on Thursdays. I like to see the variations during a week because I am a numbers person.
  • janetteandrews79
    Options
    I darnt step on my scales since I went to see my Dr, and was told I weigh 2 stone more than my home scales said. I cried like a baby instead at the Dr's
  • MindySaysWhaaat
    MindySaysWhaaat Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning, but I also try not to take small fluctuations too seriously. I only log the weight if it's gone down though, lol.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning, but I also try not to take small fluctuations too seriously. I only log the weight if it's gone down though, lol.

Ha ha that's me too!
  • cmoll520
    cmoll520 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Every morning. It's keeps me accountable. I know there are times of the month I will fluctuate more but having the data to refer to actually helps me deal with the fluctuations better. I can look back and see what my weight did the month before (eg, how long did I retain fluids during certain parts of my cycle and how much did I retain).
  • andreamulhall
    andreamulhall Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Same as many ppl here I weight myself most if not all days of the week and log Fridays
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Every morning but I only officially count it once a week. I find seeing fluctuations and so on makes me more comfortable with it and I don't want to take the change that I'll get weird about it or afraid of the number again. Knowledge is important.
  • lovematthewchristopher
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning before tea. I log it on Fridays, but i like to see what my body is doing throughout the week. My weight fluctuates alot from day to day, and this gives me a good indication of where and when i retain the most fluids.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Whenever I feel like it. Not very often honestly. I eat really high amounts of sodium so the scale is all over the place.
  • rosnigetsfit
    rosnigetsfit Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I weigh every monday morning before breakfast and after I poop. I don't weigh myself daily because I feel like only minimal changes and it disappoints me seeing the scale dropping so slow.
  • cb2bslim
    cb2bslim Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    every morning around the same time.
  • grandmamere
    grandmamere Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    It's once a week for me. I don't need the aggravation of the ups and downs of weighing in more than once a week:)
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day just for shoots and giggles, but only do my official weigh-in once a week. 7AM when the kids get up, in my bra and underpants.
  • HildieMe
    HildieMe Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    "I darnt step on my scales since I went to see my Dr, and was told I weigh 2 stone more than my home scales said. I cried like a baby instead at the Dr's
    Janette,
    I'm so sorry that happened to you, it can be so discouraging. I guess it's time for a new scale ; the digital ones are better to prevent cheating. I knew how to take a few pounds off on my old analog one, I just had to lean a bit this way or that, and I instantly lost four or five pounds... ;) So go ahead, treat yourself, the prices have come down a bit here . If you can, spring for a digital food scale, too; it makes a world of difference. And if you are serious about losing that weight, you'll save the money on groceries you won't buy or eat...
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i weigh myself every morning but only remember it on my log day (Fridays). seriously, once i step off it in the mornings, an hour later i couldnt tell you what it said LOL

i know sometimes i stick my tongue out at it though, so i guess those days i dont like what it told me. lolol