Reverse Diet

Options
Ok--So I've heard about this reverse diet and I know some of you are on it... Is it really helping? And how much faster do you loose weight that if you eat normal (within the same amount of calories)?

I'm just curious... I've been doing it for a week, and I've been working and I haven't really lost anything...

I don't want to get discouraged too fast...

I just wish I could say like some people that I have lost 7 pounds in one week... That would be so cool!

I know... I know... 1 lb. a week... the best way... I know...

Replies

• figueres3
    figueres3 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Ok--So I've heard about this reverse diet and I know some of you are on it... Is it really helping? And how much faster do you loose weight that if you eat normal (within the same amount of calories)?

I'm just curious... I've been doing it for a week, and I've been working and I haven't really lost anything...

I just wish I could say like some people that I have lost 7 pounds in one week... That would be so cool!

• STACYESPARZA
    STACYESPARZA Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I am not sure what a reverse diet is but if you are eating less calories than your body is burning you will lose weight.... I would never go under 1200 though.
    and 1 lb a week is really good because before you know it they all add up!
  • figueres3
    Options
    No... I'm eating 1200... Just eating a huge breakfast of like 600 calories.... 400 for lunch and around 200 for dinner...
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Breakfast like a KING, lunch like a PRINCE, dinner like a PAUPER.
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options

I attempted this diet yesterday but unfortunately by evening I felt like I was starving complete with the light headedness, grumbling tummy and headache so I stopped and had a supplementary mini-meal. :ohwell: I've decided it's not for me and am sticking to regular, full meals three times a day (mini-meals don't work with my schedule) and snacks in between (of carrots, fruit, etc).
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    I've always thought that 6 small meals a day is the best. I even changed my food log in to 6 meals.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options

I attempted this diet yesterday but unfortunately by evening I felt like I was starving complete with the light headedness, grumbling tummy and headache so I stopped and had a supplementary mini-meal. :ohwell: I've decided it's not for me and am sticking to regular, full meals three times a day (mini-meals don't work with my schedule) and snacks in between (of carrots, fruit, etc).

I'm with ya, I could never give up my biggish dinners! Although I'm a firm believer in breakfast, I am of the mentality that it's about what and how much you eat, not when you eat it. If you are eating 1200 calories (by the way that's REALLY low unless you are in the obese BMI category) then you will lose weight... even if you eat a large chunk of it in the evening.
  • tiliquinones
    Options
    Isn't the reverse diet when you eat dinner for breakfast & breakfast for dinner?? I saw it on tv a while back.
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Interesting. I like breakfast for dinner too. :wink:

I heard Denise Austin speak and she said her dinner is half the size of her breakfast. However, that doesn't work for me. I'm a 300 cal breakfast and lunch, 150 in snacks and then 450 for dinner. AND...more if I work out. :smile:

I kinda want pancakes now. Geeesh
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Isn't the reverse diet when you eat dinner for breakfast & breakfast for dinner?? I saw it on tv a while back.

No, I think it's just eating the bulk of your calories in the morning and then cutting down until you're eating a small dinner.

Most people eat a small breakfast, large dinner and large supper but reversing that creates a large breakfast, medium dinner and small supper.

I think that's what people are talking about when they say reverse diet??? :huh:
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Breakfast like a KING, lunch like a PRINCE, dinner like a PAUPER.

Thank you couldn't have said it better myself.
  • figueres3
    Options
    Yep--that's it. Does it work? Any personal experience out there?