Lose, maintain, or what?

I have been working on losing to 149 since December. I started at 164 and I am at around 157 right now. I say around because I don't have a scale at home and have been off from work to help my son for the past couple of weeks. I got a treadmill in December and use it regularly, sit-ups and push ups every time I exercise, and do Insanity on some days as well (not consistently). I have noticed lately that my body has changed. My stomach and thighs look better, but I have noticed when I stretch up that I can see my ribs very clearly. I want to continue to look good and the scale weight is not a priority to me, but should I continue with the 0.5 pound a week loss plan for calories or should I go to maintenance or should I do something totally different? I definitely want to continue to exercise because I feel so good when I do. Here are my stats:
5'10.5", 157 pounds, female, special education teacher

Thanks for any advice!

Replies

• zlord77
    zlord77 Posts: 4 Member
    1) Investing in a 15 dollar weight scale would be a great idea to keep track of progress!

2) a .5 lbs per week goal sounds reasonable and manageable! I would say to keep it up until your goal weight.

3) If your diet and exercise regimen are working, I would keep everything more or less the same. Don't fix what isn't broken!