I can't stop binge eating. Help?

ObsessedMonster
ObsessedMonster Posts: 150 Member
edited March 2015 in Motivation and Support
I have erratic eating patterns. I'll eat 90 % of my calories in the morning and then only have 100-200 left for dinner. This leaves me feeling super hungry until the next morning. This kind of plan worked for me initially, but after a few months of doing it, my binges became more frequent. I've went on 2 binges this week which is quite abnormal for me. Sometimes I get worried if my stomach will explode after an episode. I've already gained back 4 pounds and I feel super guilty about it because it can take me up to a month to lose this much. I'm completely out of control during these binges and I can't stop. I end up crying myself to sleep afterwards and feel extreme disgust with myself for the next 2-3 days. I don't think I've eaten 3 square meals like a normal person would in a year. I also tend to think about food all day long which makes binges much more likely to occur. I binged today and feel terribly ashamed of it. I'll probably end up fasting tomorrow. Any advice before I completely destroy myself?

Replies

• I have to same issue and would like to know the same thing!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Advice....Talk to a professional, perhaps?
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Professional advice seems appropriate.

Until then, fasting is likely to lead to more binges. Relook your weekly loss goals ... if you're at two pounds per week, change it to something more manageable. That gives you more calories. Eating most of your food early isn't working ... plan ahead and spread your intake.
  • tabithacool66
    tabithacool66 Posts: 2 Member
    You need to stop this right away. You are on the road to a serious eating disorder. I know from experience. I was a binge eater then it developed into Bulimia. You need to eat 3 small meals a day and two snacks. Eating once per day is not healthy and you binge because you are starved.
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    can u try to plan 3 meals the day before? even if its just a small lunch? i agree though that u need to seek help. talk to ur dr. they can probably refer u to someone who specializes in disordered eating. good luck.