Just started P90X!!

Options
i just started my P90X today!! with my sis and its really hard my body is really hurting right now. i feel sore all over any advise as to what to do? I really want to keep up with it but its really tough!!

Replies

• Creiche
    Creiche Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    The first week is going to hurt...I was sore almost every day for the first couple of weeks. Make sure to stretch a lot and obviously take breaks during the workouts when you're no longer able to do something or anything hurts. Being sore means you're pushing yourself which is awesome!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    keep pushing play, the more you do it the more you will get use to it. It get easier. Make sure you are eating enough as well. if your MFP goal is 1200 I would suggest eating between 1500 and 1800 on the days you workout, you need to fuel your body for the workouts and to aid in recovery. If your goal is higher than 1200 I would eat even more than the 15oo I suggested.
  • jram70
    jram70 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Keep pressing play as they say and modify if you need to. I am doing my second round now. At first the soreness and not being able to do it all is discouraging, but it works if you keep at it. It is a really good feeling when you can do it all or close to it.
  • clvdandj
    clvdandj Posts: 76
    Options
    When i first started it iwas sore for the first 2 weeks straight, and ended up giving up, but after summer school i am starting it up again and pushing my way through it! Good luck!
  • AriesGrl
    AriesGrl Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Congrats and wanting to stay with it!! P90X will KILL you the first week...I agree with lots of stretching but also try relaxing in a warm bath before bed at night...helps your muscles relax too=)
  • misslys9304
    misslys9304 Posts: 17
    Options
    be careful on the pull-ups one i tore my shoulder with that one haha. best of luck to you ! i'm gonna start it again this week too
  • Buckeyt
    Buckeyt Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    1) I hope you're doing the classic version and not messing with the Lean version

2) Just keep going. Don't let one day decide your fate!

Didn't you hear the guys inthe video say that first month was "UGLY!" ?

3) The good news is you will forget about your upper body soreness after doing Plyo X. Your legs and glutes will be incredible sore.

4) Trust the program, Nutrition is deadly important, and will drive half of your results at least. Realize that it is at least a 90 day program so don't worry about looking for results in two weeks. Do the work and results wuill be there.

Tim

P90X Round 5 Day 31
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I just started the program as well and I am sore, but I love the feeling. Today is Day 3 and I'm ready to rock it! Best of luck on your progress.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    I ordered it yesterday. I'm glad I've read a lot about it, but I am betting its not going to even come close to the doing it right? Try taking glucosamine with MSM or vice versa. The MSM is for muscle repair and the glucosamine is for joints. It can take a few days or weeks to fill the differnce but it DOES help.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    It's gonna feel that way for the first week, guaranteed. You're gonna be working your muscles pretty hard. If you're not used to that kind intensity [and I'm not sure what average person is], you'll feel it. Just keep going. It gets better.
  • rgoodearl
    rgoodearl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I'm starting round 3 next Monday. Just stick with it ! Make sure you get enough calories. I use a recovery drink on strength training days...it helps! Bring it !!!! Friend me if you like :smile:
  • lovekinds2001
    Options
    Thanks ya'll i'm keeping the advice.. today is my second day of doing P90X...still in pain but im doing it!!