Pork Tenderloin ideas - without crock pot

Options
plzbaby
plzbaby Posts: 5 Member
Anyone have something great, quick and easy? I don't have a crock pot which is what several posted ideas, albeit delicious sounding, required. Will be serving it with roasted broccoli and asparagus.
Thanks!

Replies

• 5BeautifulDays
    5BeautifulDays Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I normally just season it with salt and pepper and either Greek seasoning or Herbs de Provence and bake it.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    I don't think I'd ever do a pork tenderloin in the crockpot...they're too lean...seems like it would just dry out.

You can roast it in the oven in like 20 - 30 minutes or grill it for the same. I usually just season with whatever I'm feeling like and throw it on the grill. Occasionally I do a balsamic and dijon marinade that's pretty good.
  • kiayarobinson
    kiayarobinson Posts: 1
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I usually buy the premarinated kind all ready to go and throw in the oven. They have different flavors to choose from
  • SarahKhristan
    SarahKhristan Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I marinade pork tenderloins and throw it on a grill. Super easy and delicious.
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I typically cut it into round slices and saute it with some garlic, olive oil, ancho chile powder, salt, pepper, mushrooms, zucchini, peppers, and onions. Cook up some rice while the veggies and meat is getting started to go with it. If you want you can put in taco shells with the rice and typical taco condiments, or plate the rice and then put the pork and veggies on top.
  • jessicasim92
    Options
    There's a grilled pork tenderloin recipe on the sidechef app that's so easy. it's called dry rubbed pork tenderloin. You can also cook it in wine on a stove, after browning all sides.
  • designbypepper
    designbypepper Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    in the oven with salt and pepper. baked apples to go with it.
  • HereLieWe
    HereLieWe Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Do you have a grill? If so, combine:

1 tbsp greek seasoning
    1/3 cup olive oil
    1 tbsp dried oregano
    1 tbsp dried rosemary
    1 tbsp thyme
    2 tsp caraway seeds
    2 tsp salt (if greek seasoning is sodium free)
    2 tsp pepper
    the juice of one lemon
    lemon zest

and chop up tenderloin, let marinate for 4-24 hours

Then skewer with veggies and grill as kabobs.
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    1. Do yourself a favor and get a crockpot. Mine was $2 at a garage sale. I've had it for 5 years. They are WONDERFUL!

2. Cut it into chops. I buy a big one every once in a while, cut it into chops, freeze 2 together, then just take them out and grill them on a grill pan on my stove all year long. Salt them, grill them 5-6 minutes on each side. Yummy!
  • AbbieBeckett
    AbbieBeckett Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    https://www.hairybikersdietclub.com/recipes-tips/recipes/all-in-one-spicy-pork-and-rice/

This is one of my favourite recipes, so tasty! I usually just use a wok because it's big enough to put everything in and simmer for 20 mins. Good luck x
  • tinascar2015
    tinascar2015 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Marinate it all day and then put it on a hot grill over direct heat for about 10 minutes per side. Tenderloin is a cut that doesn't want to be cooked slowly, and grilling gives it an extra flavor boost.
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,902 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I line the bottom of my casserole dish with apples and onions. I season the tenderloin with salt and pepper and brown it on all sides. Then put it over the apples and onions, cover with foil and cook at 350 for about 30-45 min or until 160*. I like to serve mine with mashed sweet potatoes and fresh steamed green beans with bacon. I add the cooked apples and onions with a little of the juice back over the meat. So bloody good!! Now I want some!
  • Justcallme_J
    Justcallme_J Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    This is one of my favorite recipes. It's so good that I've made it way too many times to count. There are a couple other recipes included in the link, but the pork is excellent by itself.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/amy-thielen/peppered-pork-and-parmesan-flatbread-sandwiches.html
  • plzbaby
    plzbaby Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wow- so many great ideas! Thank you everyone!!
  • mlytle1959
    Options
    I usually have it sliced and use it like chicken breasts. It also good baked - 20 minutes per pound. I like to season it with pepper and garlic.
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,049 Member
    Options
    I buy a big pack of pork tenderloin, remove the silver skin with a sharp knife, then split it up into individual ziploc bags with a marinade inside made out of soya sauce or tamari, garlic and honey. Put one tenderloin in each bag, mix up the marinade and divide it up between the bags, get as much air out of the bag as you can, then either place in fridge overnight or for up to one day before cooking....or put the bags into the freezer for future use. When you take them out, they will be ready to go into the oven for 40 minutes to 1 hr ( depending on how many you cook at once)...or grill them on the BBQ and they are delicious hot, or even better after chilling, when you can slice it up thinly and eat cold.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Options
    Kitnthecat wrote: »
    I buy a big pack of pork tenderloin, remove the silver skin with a sharp knife, then split it up into individual ziploc bags with a marinade inside made out of soya sauce or tamari, garlic and honey. Put one tenderloin in each bag, mix up the marinade and divide it up between the bags, get as much air out of the bag as you can, then either place in fridge overnight or for up to one day before cooking....or put the bags into the freezer for future use. When you take them out, they will be ready to go into the oven for 40 minutes to 1 hr ( depending on how many you cook at once)...or grill them on the BBQ and they are delicious hot, or even better after chilling, when you can slice it up thinly and eat cold.

This--is a great idea. I imagine I can also make up other marinades. Thanks for this one. B)
  • tinascar2015
    tinascar2015 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Pork tenderloin is the last thing that needs a crockpot. It's naturally extremely tender and grills to a moist and tender perfection over high heat, in about 12-15 minutes. I marinate tenderloins first. I start with garlic, grated lemon zest, a little white wine, maybe some ginger, spice blends, whatever looks good in combination. It doesn't need to be marinated longer than a few hours.

Seriously, many cuts of meat benefit from slow cooking. Not pork or beef tenderloin.
  • wagagaga
    wagagaga Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Marinate your pork in honey, soy sauce, orange juice and ginger. Than roast for 20 min. This is my favorite way of cooking pork. Full recipie please check good food website for sticky pork
  • bgoodsmile
    bgoodsmile Posts: 68 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    This recipe is seriously DELICIOUS!

ISLAND PORK TENDERLOIN

Ingredients

16 oz pork tenderloin, lean
    0.5 tsp salt
    0.4 tsp pepper
    0.5 tsp chile powder
    0.5 tsp ground cumin
    0.5 tsp cinnamon
    2 tsp olive oil
    0.25 c brown sugar packed
    0.5 T fresh garlic, finely chopped
    0.5 T tabasco sauce

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
    2. Stir together salt, pepper, cumin, chile powder, and cinnamon, then coat pork with the spice rub.
    3. Heat 1 T oil in a 12-inch skillet over moderately high heat and brown pork, turning about 4 minutes
    4. Stir together brown sugar, garlic, and Tabasco and pat onto top of tenderloin. Place pork in roasting pan and cook in the oven for 20 minutes.

Number of Servings: 4