I'm a new mom

Options
Hi everyone I am new to this app and loving it so far. I have gained approximately 65 lbs during my pregnancy and I'm itching to get back to my pre baby body. My daughter is 12 weeks old now and I've already lost 42 lbs. Just curious if there are any other moms out there breastfeeding and trying to loose weight? Do u account for the calories burned from breastfeeding?
Would love the help and support from anyone so feel free to add me :)

Replies

• hollad03
    hollad03 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey Sand...I am only 1 month postpartum and am trying to figure out what the best route to take will be...it's hard to know how many calories to eat...but it's still early for me. I'm breastfeeding but am not counting that for burnt calories cuz I feel so unsure of what it amounts too. But I am eating about 17
  • hollad03
    hollad03 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Oops...I'm eating about 1700 calls a day and just started light aerobics
  • sarahleach83
    sarahleach83 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congratulations mama! Those breastfeesing calories definitely count! You've gotta be replacing them to keep producing milk. For a 12wk old who's EBF, I'd say about 300-500 extra calories a day. Also keep hydrated and make sure those tatas have good support but aren't squashed in :) Check out kellymom.com for more nursing tips!
  • sandeeking
    Options
    Great thank for the advice :)
  • sjp_511
    sjp_511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I am also a new mom to a 4 month old baby. I am still exclusively breastfeeding.

For the first 3 months (while I was on leave from work), I didn't track calories and ate a lot more than I should have. I did start to exercise at around 6 weeks postpartum and have been increasing frequency and intensity.

About a month ago I started to get diligent with my logging. I have my calorie goal set at maintenance and do not account for breastfeeding. In that time I have dropped about 3 pounds. Right now, feeding the baby is my top priority. I am okay with slow weight loss. I am focused more on fitness goals instead of weight loss goals. I am in week 2 of doing NROL4W. I lift 2 times per week. I also try to run 3 times a week, but I usually have something get in the way and I miss one of them. Prior to pregnancy, I ran several half marathons. I am currently signed up for a half marathon in mid-April. It will probably be much slower than my pre-pregnancy half marathons, but I am getting back into it.
  • minus40
    minus40 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm a new mom to a 6 week old, exclusively BF. Would love to connect with other new moms losing weight - add me!
  • sandeeking
    Options
    Absolutely :) glad there are other moms here we can chat with!