Need food suggestions!

Options
Sunjenk
Sunjenk Posts: 139 Member
So the past 2 weeks I have done awful with my eating, and am grocery shopping tomorrow to restock on healthy staples. Any suggestions that you guys love to eat/need to have on hand at all times!!

Anything goes, just really need some suggestions!

Thanks so much!

Replies

• nokittyno
    nokittyno Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Baby Carrots.
  • RoxMyWorld
    RoxMyWorld Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Love Almonds!!:happy:

I laos cant be without Salsa, the fresh kind from the Deli with no preservatives I use it on and in everything!! :flowerforyou:
  • nightingail
    nightingail Posts: 16
    Options
    Lettuce! Tomatoes, Jalapenos, and chicken. I always have these in my fridge
  • gingerfoxxx
    gingerfoxxx Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    frozen edamame! i like to put rice vinegar and cilantro on it! and i buy the giant jars of popcorn kernals and make stove top popcorn to snack on at least 3 times a week...

try your hardest to avoid those center aisles! :)
  • jkingberry
    jkingberry Posts: 5
    Options
    Sabra spinach and artichoke hummus with sliced green/red bell peppers for a snack! Almonds, Clif bars, and fresh spinach for egg white omlettes. Yum!
  • dfunk06
    dfunk06 Posts: 56
    Options
    Greek yogurt, fresh and frozen fruit, light cheese sticks, Flat Out Edge On crackers, bell pepper slices, broccoli slaw (add no soduim sesame ginger dressing!)
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Almonds, Laughing cow cheese, Hummus (if you like it), Greek Yogurt (if you like it), whipped peanut butter, pop chips or special K cracker chips.
  • x0xGranzx0x
    x0xGranzx0x Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I find snacking on cucumber is really handy!!
  • jmgj27
    jmgj27 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    For me, I actually find it really helpful to have low fat cream cheese and either low cal cheese crackers or celery around. That way, if I desperately need a snack I have something tasty and healthy there. Otherwise, lots and lots of fruit and veg - bananas for those difficult 'man, my energy's really low' moments. I also enjoy baked potatoes. Ooo, and tabbouleh. I love tabbouleh. There's a really tasty spring veg casserole recipe I know involving turnips, potatoes, leeks and carrots (cook the potatoes, sweat the others with garlic for ten mins then put it all into a pot with some stock and casserole with beans of your choice and serve). It's great on its own or with a bit of lean beef. Yum! Oh - and fish. How could I forget fish! I really love a lean prawn stir fry - as long as you avoid ready made sauces and go heavy on the veg rather than the noodles you can keep the cals down and its pretty tasty!
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    These are my gotta have items: Greek yogurt, cocoa roast almonds, bananas, frozen fruit(for smoothie and protein shakes), fresh or frozen veggies, arnold wheat sandwich thins, tuna, eggs, almond milk, orville reddenbacher 100 calorie popcorn, lemons (for water), chicken breasts, tilipia filets, salad mix, and peanut butter:) Happy shopping!!
  • Bethannny
    Bethannny Posts: 66
    Options
    I love love love fruit. I always try to have some type of fruit salad in my fridge. They usually just consist of pineapples, strawberries and grapes.
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Here is my general grocery list (I buy these on a regular and as needed basis for recipes etc)

Apples
    bananas
    oranges
    strawberries
    black berries
    when in season: watermelon, pineapple, mango, blue berries cherries, peaches, raspberries

Spinach
    Broccoli
    edamame (fresh and the dark chocolate covered ones)
    Brussel sprouts
    Romaine lettuce
    mushrooms
    carrots
    peppers-all colors
    egg plant
    celery
    avacado
    tomatos
    onions/garlic
    zucchini
    cucumbers
    spaghetti squash
    artichokes-whole and hearts
    frozen mixed veggies
    during the garden season I grow a lot of these in my backyard

sweet potatos
    red potatos and occasionally gold yukon potatos
    shredded cabbage-to make slaw with
    brown rice
    pasta-all kinds
    trader joes harvest grains
    quinoa
    sprouted bread from trader joes
    spinach wraps
    steel cut oats/regular oatmeal
    granola cereal

low sodium broth/cubes

chicken breast-legs, drumsticks, thighs
    ground turkey
    porkchops
    tilapia
    stew meat
    ribs
    hormel natural bacon
    hormel nautral turkey slices

eggs
    milk
    cheese: feta, munster, mozzerella, cheddar (I buy the block as shred as needed)
    chobani yogurt--love all their fruit flavors
    cottage cheese
    sour cream
    unsalted butter
    (I try to buy the whole fat/natural versions of all my dairy and limit portions)

popcorn (kernals that I make in my popper)
    saltine crackers
    blue corn chips
    salsa
    pita chips-various flavors from farmers market
    hummus
    pasta sauces-red and creamy (eat in moderation)
    extra virgin olive oil
    trader joes natural crunchy peanut butter
    organic /fresh jams/jellies

various spices to enhance flavors when cooking at home

yes I think thats most of my pantry and fridge :)
  • lisa46219
    lisa46219 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Although I am not vegetarian, I love the Boca veggie chicken patties. Very low in calories and taste good. I also keep shrimp on hand- low in calories and can be used in so may ways. I keep it in the freezer and just take out what I need and thaw.
  • kathyhull
    kathyhull Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Fake eggs (Egg Beaters or something similar), tuna in water, chicken tenderloins (cook really fast, even frozen) , Kroger's Carbmaster Yogurts, onions, green peppers, carrots, mushrooms, spinach and lettuce. And EAS AdvantEDGE protein shakes. That's my list every week. Vegies and protein at every meal.