MFP has given me a limit of 810cals per day?!

Options
Hi guys,
I was hoping someone could help me. I've been on MFP on and off for a while now but I've now come back and I'm really serious about getting to my goal weight before the summer.
So I entered all my data again and last time it said I'd need to limit myself to 1200 cals maximum per day. This morning, it's saying 810!
I'm pretty sure whenever I've spoken to people on here, the common response was always, don't starve yourself and always eat at least 1200 cal per day.
I might be answering my own question but I think I just need to hear it from someone else.

Replies

• eudemonia
    eudemonia Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Usually if you want to lose but your adjusted intake is too low mfp will just put you at 1200. However that also means you won't be losing at the pace you originally wanted. For your health, it's probably better to stick with a higher intake and lose slower.
  • jddnw
    jddnw Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Don't starve yourself and always eat at least 1200 cal per day.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    There is a glitch. It should never be below 1200.

You can re-enter your information, or set the number yourself in custom.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Regarding calorie goals being set below 1200: This is a bug impacting the last release of our iOS app. This bug has been fixed and is waiting to be approved in the App Store and we are doing what we can to expedite the process. In the meantime anyone who has this issue needs to log into the website, and update your goals.
  • DancingHev
    DancingHev Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all your help everyone! I'm on 1200 per day now xx
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    DancingHev wrote: »
    Thank you for all your help everyone! I'm on 1200 per day now xx

The update for the app with the bug fix has been approved and is available now if you have not recently updated your MFP app. :)