feeling discouraged

Options
A little about me..I'm 5'7 188lbs..lightly active and I try to lose weight about once a yr or so..it keeps coming back..I know in between my diets I don't eat healthy..normally by now I've lost something..anything..I started this time on Monday..they have allotted me 1580 calories per day and this week I've burned 1444 calories in exercise..I step on the scale and absolutely nothing. I haven't gone over my calories all week and even sometimes i don't reach my goal in the first place. Then it gets mad at me saying eating too little is bad but why eat if I'm full? I've been eating more filling foods. I just feel like something should be shown already..usually after a week of adjusting I lose inches or lbs and so far nothing. My body is killing me and I feel like its all for nothing because nothing has happened

Replies

• deannaaaaaaaaa
    deannaaaaaaaaa Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    if you've started on Monday, your journey has just begun-- dont get discouraged! It will take a lot more than 4 days for most people to see results (and if they do see results, its probably water weight anyway!)
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    if you've started on Monday, your journey has just begun-- dont get discouraged! It will take a lot more than 4 days for most people to see results (and if they do see results, its probably water weight anyway!)

Agreed wholeheartedly with this! Also, make sure that you are weighing all of your foods to be more certain that you are staying at your calorie goals. Is the calories burned from exercise an MFP estimate or from a heart rate monitor? MFP grossly exaggerates calories burned. A HRM isn't completely accurate but it will give you a much more accurate number than MFP.

Please do not get discouraged and keep working towards your goals. This is a marathon and not a sprint to lose weight.
  • tiffanymarmon
    Options
    Every time in the past, I've lost something by now..and I've been working harder this time I feel..all my foods are measured out and my burned are from a heart rate monitor..its just so frustrating because I'm so sore with no results
  • bonnieneedshelp1
    Options
    Hello Tiffany :). I have been struggling with the same issue. I see a dietician every other week. I'm 5'3" and weigh .... Well too much. This app is incredible in regards to adding your foods. I am trying to lose 40 pounds. It is and will always feel discouraged if you are using a scale for tracking your weight. It seems to me that you are exercising like crazy. Always keep in mind that muscle weighs more than fat. Sometimes, I go weeks with out losing pounds. The good news is inches lost. Try finding a pair of pants that are too small and call them " goal pants". Start small though such as one size or 2 sizes too smaller. Once a week, try them on. When you get where you can button them.... You are going to feel awesome. I have no idea how many friends you have on here, but you are welcome to add me if you like.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Every time in the past, I've lost something by now..and I've been working harder this time I feel..all my foods are measured out and my burned are from a heart rate monitor..its just so frustrating because I'm so sore with no results

4 days... Did you put the weight on in 4 days?

If you're sore you'll be retaining water.

Also stop thinking diet that you start and stop, and start thinking sustainable lifestyle changes.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I'm so sore with no results

This may be part of your problem. You may have inflammation and water retention from working out. Eating your calories is also important to sustain your workouts. You may think you're working harder but without the fuel you may be fooling yourself.
  • DC_TheDrivah1
    DC_TheDrivah1 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I once saw that it takes a week for you to notice any kind of results, 3 weeks for your family members to see your results, and a month for your friends to see your results. (Or something along those lines) POINT IS, it takes time but once you see those results, it's like a drug. You're gonna want to see how much more you can accomplish.