weather-how to stay motivated when the weather is crappy!

Options
I live in Seattle Washington area and it rains all the time, right now we have a break and it is only partly cloudy but tomorrow the rain starts again. When it rains all I want to do is sleep and stay inside, and eat of course. I want to know what people do to stay motivated when the weather keeps being crappy?

Replies

• kkauz42
    kkauz42 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I live in the Seattle area too! AND I'm unemployed so that makes for a double whammy! But honestly I look forward to working out. Sometimes I just DON'T want to but I feel SO much better when I am done!
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    No advice for ya, I am the same way. Besides maybe, "just do it" which is what I have to make myself do, but I don't always succed. Hopefully someone will have some good advice!
  • rodneyderrick
    rodneyderrick Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    You should buy some good old fashion running shoes, and try to run a little bit. Washington has some of the best weather for long distance running.
  • tlcAK
    tlcAK Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I agree sometimes you just have to do it. Give yourself little incentives too. I live in Alaska and winters here can be really long. This next winter I'm already signed up for an adult indoor soccer league. Maybe you can find something similar. We also have a couple indoor tracks at a reasonable cost that I just go there and walk (pack your own lunch...don't eat theirs!) Try to stay motivated!
  • amymrls
    amymrls Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    It has been raining for 2 days straight here. Usually it does not rain in CO. It is really effecting my motivation. Today I really didn't even want to move. I made myself get up and work out. I love spending time outside in the sun. I am not sure what to do on days with bad weather. Sometimes I scan through inspirational blogs or messages boards. Sometimes I just have to force myself. Scream at myself in my head MOVE!
  • FryingPanda
    FryingPanda Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I live in Oregon and have pretty much the same weather. I am training for a half marathon and have a 7 mile run on Saturaday, which is supposed to be rainy. I have a big problem of saying it is crappy, not going out to the point I won't walk over to my complex's gym and use the treadmill. But since I know I have something that I have to get ready for, I will run as soon as there is no rain on Saturday. Also telling my wife I have to run is a good way to get me out the door, because she is very good at reminding me.
  • foodie012
    foodie012 Posts: 11
    Options
    Hey pal! So I totally understand. The weather by me sucks!! What i've been doing is working out with a Kettlebell at home. I found some exercise on line at- http://www.womenshealthmag.com/fitness/kettlebell-workout and they seem to be going well. I bought my kettlebell at Marshall's for $10 but i'm sure any sporting supply store sells them. Hope this helps.
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I live in Minnesota, you never can count on the weather. Really wanting summer to come. Ready for the lake, running by the lake will be fun. I have just started the C25k. This week. My son is really helping me with it. He loves running.