This is my time!

Options
Hey everyone! Got out of an emotionally abusive relationship and moved across the country to finish my degree and dust myself off. Need to lose this stress weight for my college graduation this year! Let's be friends! :)

Replies

• anchoredgypsy
    anchoredgypsy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey girl, what adventure you must be on! Starting over is soooo hard and so exciting at the same time.....I've been there. I left with just car keys in hand in the dead of winter. I met a wonderful man and when we got serious, my ex (who's a cop and his good ol boys club) was making our life miserable. He was getting away with everything and my lawyer said it would take him to shoot me before I would get help. So, Last July, I closed my eyes, pointed on a map, and arrived with arms stretch shouting here I am across another state!
    So saying all that, I am proud of you. You have to realize there are very tough times ahead. Be true and steadfast with yourself. No more apologies, no more rationalizing, and no more justifying your actions to anyone! Live for you. Be spontaneous. Do what makes YOU happy.
    I had a beautiful son this January! I also finished my master's degree and I too need to drop weight to walk across the stage this May. I know as soon as I arrive in my old town for the ceremony I'm going to be judged so I want to look my best!
    We can do this! We are strong, we are beautiful, and we refuse to waste anymore of our life being unhappy.
  • notthesamegirl
    Options
    That was so beautiful. You are such a strong person. Congrats on your son and your degree! We absolutely CAN do this! I look forward to the journey :)
  • lpendleton58
    lpendleton58 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Congrats on getting out of a terrible situation and making changes for a better future. Good luck going forward!