Scale not budging

Options
2»

Replies

• heatherhoman7
    heatherhoman7 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    do you think i should keep it at sendentary? Or move to lightly active? or should I change it per day?? stay with a pound a week? or move back to .5 a pound?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Since you have a Fitbit (and assuming your accounts are linked), stick with sedentary. When mine were linked and I was set to lightly active, 6000 steps would actually cause me to lose a few calories...I had to hit 7000 or so to break even. And a pound is good for now. Drop it once you get to 170, as those final pounds are the toughest (although, since your goal is higher, it might not be for you).
  • jjnt007
    jjnt007 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I was at a stand still on my weight loss from February 11 - March 1. This week I have tried to drink three bottle waters prior to noon each day and I have lost weight this week. I am not a professional so I am just letting you know what helped move the scale for me.
  • heatherhoman7
    heatherhoman7 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    thanks for that I DO NOT drink enough water and I do admit that
  • nickisz
    nickisz Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Heather stay with your plan. If you are not use to exercise you could be gaining muscle mass which weighs more then fat. It also boosts your metabolism. I too am a stress eater , so I take it 1 meal at a time. One bad meal does not ruin my day or week as long as I correct it quickly.
    Make sure you are getting at least 30 gms of fibre a day.
    Also do not cut out too much fat. I found if I was consistently under 20 grms per day I had crazy uncontrollable food cravings.
    Good luck. I hope this has helped.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    nickisz wrote: »
    Heather stay with your plan. If you are not use to exercise you could be gaining muscle mass which weighs more then fat. It also boosts your metabolism.

really now?

• emilyesq
    emilyesq Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    nickisz wrote: »
    Heather stay with your plan. If you are not use to exercise you could be gaining muscle mass which weighs more then fat. It also boosts your metabolism.

She is eating on a fairly large calorie deficit and she is doing no heavy lifting, only moderate cardio. She is not gaining muscle right now; she only just started working out the muscle she does have.

Also, this drives me insane: muscle is denser than fat, which means a pound of muscle is smaller than a pound of fat, but a pound is a pound. A pound of muscle weighs the same as a pound of fat, and also a pound of ice cream, and a pound of marshmallow, and a pound of fine cigars.