Logging is stressful...

Options
As of late, I have been coming "under" the daily amount of required calories according to my body type. It is frustrating to me to have to keep track of "everything" I put in my mouth. However, it has helped me to see where I am lacking as well in getting the daily recommended amounts of fruit, veggies, protein, etc. I am a vegetarian so I am trying to find ways to get my protein. I have eaten breakfast, and lunch and still had 887 more calories to eat. That just seems a bit overwhelming to me. So, my co-workers recommended a peanut butter sandwich and that knocked off 100 calories, but I still have to eat 587 more! What is a girl to do?! I think I would do better if I had a meal plan to go by.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,096 Member
    Options
    guacamole and chips with cheese will take care of that in no time.
  • Kritter8682
    Kritter8682 Posts: 29
    Options
    try to get some of your calories through beverages if you don't want to eat all of your calories. maybe a fruit smoothie or something...??
  • robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit surprised as 2 TBSP of every peanut butter I've eaten alone is 200 cals? Are you really measuring everything and recording it?
  • jennlee80
    jennlee80 Posts: 142
    Options
    Add some good fats into your diet.....olive oil, avocados, almonds or pecans! Since you are a vegetarian beans can help too :)
  • oxavecamourxo
    oxavecamourxo Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Why not try to find some friends on here that are vegetarians & check out their meals? It might help a little. Otherwise, you could try searching for vegetarian meal plans online.

BTW, I'm a vegan so if you want to add me, feel free. :happy:
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    I plan my whole day out in the morning. Then everything is logged, I get enough calories, and I don't need to worry!
  • sooh2011
    sooh2011 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit surprised as 2 TBSP of every peanut butter I've eaten alone is 200 cals? Are you really measuring everything and recording it?

I was thinking that too! What kind of peanut butter sandwich did you get for 100 cals and can I have one?
  • leslielove
    leslielove Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    please show me a peanut butter sammich that's that low in calories. i would LOVE a good pb sammich!
  • aanddplusoanda
    aanddplusoanda Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I had 500 calories left to consume last night after supper and I made up some bean dip. Reduced fat refried beans, cheese and salsa and then of course chips to dip and that took care of it. Maybe try nuts. :)
  • alwayzevolving
    alwayzevolving Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    The total cals for the sandwich was 400.00 calories, so I was off by 100 calories, but still I am coming under everyday. I guess I need to make sure I am measuring accurately.
  • oxavecamourxo
    oxavecamourxo Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    But yeah I totally agree that logging everything you eat is a pain. I just got back into doing it this week, but I've already skipped a few days. I especially hate trying to do it whenever I eat out at a restaurant. It's so tedious.