Looking for friends to join me on my journey.

Options
It's always nice to have people to chat with, encourage and get encouragement from. I reached my record low last year, I went to the Dr and I weighed in at 386 pounds. Years ago I had wrecked a four wheeler which damaged my left knee, later on I was hiking through the woods and fell down a hill and damaged my right knee , later I wrecked a four wheeler again and damaged my left knee again and my lower back, I fell down a flight if stairs and damaged my lower back, my shoulder and my neck. I was in pain constantly. I pretty much got lazy and was drinking all the time and did not do anything. My weight shot through the roof. We just bought a house last July, it was hard for me to get out and do normal things, now the yard, pick up trash clean the house. Pretty much basic things made me hurt all over. I've been in pain management for a little over 2 years. I take very stronge pain meds and it's just been a rough few years. December I decided it was time for a change. I ordered DDPYOGA, I started doing just the basic 20 minute workout either everyday or every other day, it took me one whole month to be able to make it through the tutorial without having to take a break every few minutes. Now I can make it through that and another workout. I feel freeking amazing, I went from 386 to 367 since Dec 25. I started MFP in Jan I think. Since then I have been able to keep track of what I eat, my workouts and I've met a few cool people on here and on FB. I have also met some judgmental *kitten* that have really pissed me off. But I just brush them off and keep doing what I am doing. I am finally starting to own my life. I've learned so much since I started. Would def enjoy having new folks to share what I've learned and would def love to hear what all you have learned. To all who read this I wish you the best of luck on your journey. :)

Replies

• woodall351
    woodall351 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been fighting weight all of my life. I was 6'5"" and 400lb in high school. So you know that school wasn't fun for me. Once I graduated I decided it was time for change. I worked out constantly and ate and done everything healthy. I went from 400 to 270 pounds in a year. I worked very hard to stay there. Being 40 now I met my wife 3 years ago when I was 37 and she added 30 pounds to my frame. I like you am living through pain with a sciatica nerve issue. I am miserable. I decided 8 days ago to start counting calories. I actually enjoy it. We just became parents to our son in January so the wife is counting calories also. We are making a little wager on who loses the most weight by April 9. So far I'm down 6lbs. I feel great.
  • Alexat130
    Alexat130 Posts: 3 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Sounds like a really tough time! I gotta say that your story is actually pretty inspirational. Its so cool that youre still getting up and working out when youre dealing with that pain. If you ever feel discouraged just remember that were all here to listen and help you along the way. :)
  • daniv404
    daniv404 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I too think your story is great...it's wonderful to hear you have been learning. That, I believe, will help us once we get to where we are going. I had some injuries and accidents too to recover from, last year I was good to go and went at it too much too soon and it didn't work...this time I have to start from the beginning and build up. Keep at it! You're doing great! :-)
  • fancyblossom83
    fancyblossom83 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Wow what an amazing and inspirational story! I can't imagine the pain thru these trial you have been faced with. Your awesome! I would love to be your friend and we can encourage each other.
  • DanielGadsden2015
    DanielGadsden2015 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Wow. Thanks for the replies folks. I have sent you all friend request. Look forward to talking with you all. Feel free to message me anytime. I love hearing everybody's story and if I can give advice on things that's helped me I will do the best I can. Any advise for me is always welcome as well. :) Ty guys.
  • jdhonrin
    jdhonrin Posts: 3
    Options
    Sounds like you are off a great start. Don't let the judgemental crowd get to you. They lash out for different reasons, often exposing their own shortcomings. Just continue to build a support group and set goals (short and long term) to work towards.
  • daniv404
    daniv404 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    woodall351 wrote: »
    I have been fighting weight all of my life. I was 6'5"" and 400lb in high school. So you know that school wasn't fun for me. Once I graduated I decided it was time for change. I worked out constantly and ate and done everything healthy. I went from 400 to 270 pounds in a year. I worked very hard to stay there. Being 40 now I met my wife 3 years ago when I was 37 and she added 30 pounds to my frame. I like you am living through pain with a sciatica nerve issue. I am miserable. I decided 8 days ago to start counting calories. I actually enjoy it. We just became parents to our son in January so the wife is counting calories also. We are making a little wager on who loses the most weight by April 9. So far I'm down 6lbs. I feel great.

WOW what a story! I feel when I am in the swing of counting calories I feel better! I'm hoping by reaching out for support from the MFP world, it will keep me going!
  • Priscilla0310
    Priscilla0310 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow! So glad you've been able to over come all of those set backs. You sound like such a strong person. I'm sure you're going to reach all of your goals.

Stay motivated and best wishes!
  • DanielGadsden2015
    DanielGadsden2015 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Well I will help in anyway I can. :)