Quest Bars

Options
wearmi1
wearmi1 Posts: 291 Member
Has anyone eaten Quest bars before? How have they worked out for you? I was thinking of stashing a few in my purse for early mornings at work or for while running errands on the weekend and I don't have time to eat. I'm not looking to use them as a go to meal replacement all the time, but certainly to stand in for a meal from time to time.

Replies

• MiltonAFC
    MiltonAFC Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    They're definitely awesome and a convenient way to get some macros in for the day when you're on a rush.

I highly recommend cookies and cream, Cookie dough, Apple pie, and smores flavors. So good.

They're a little pricy if they become an everyday thing. You can also make your own quest style protein bars that come out cheaper, similar macros, and you can make whatever flavor you want.
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Search this forum and you'll find a million responses on this.

Personally I use them for the reasons you are looking to. They are easy grab and go. They are high protein and low calorie. I wish they were more all-natural. But then they would be higher calorie. I also find them very filling. So....ya know, it's a trade off. I pretty much only buy the cookie dough and smores now. Peanut butter is good too but I like the others better.

*I eat maybe 3-4 a week. Usually at breakfast time. So it really depends what time I get out of bed.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    esjones12 wrote: »
    Search this forum and you'll find a million responses on this.

This.
  • JulieAnneFIU
    JulieAnneFIU Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I love them. You can warm them for ten seconds in the microwave and its bliss but they're loaded with fiber and whatever type it is doesn't agree with me and they cause terrible gas and bloating if I have more than one a week. My husband is out of town so I had one tonight lol.
  • motorsportcfd
    Options
    Love them, and eat them all the time. They're a great snack that help me meet my macros throughout the day.

My favorite flavors are Cookie Dough, S'mores, and Cinnamon roll. I've also tried Cookies'n'Cream which is alright, not my favorite.

The protein chips are pretty good too. BBQ is my favorite flavor so far.
  • Mafuezee
    Mafuezee Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    never had them but they look good
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    They are a MUST! Major protein AND fiber...plus....cookie dough, microwave, ten seconds and BAM, my mouth!
  • awkwardsoul
    awkwardsoul Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    It seems people either love quest bars (OMG THE MACROS) or hate them (they taste artificial and have a weird aftertaste).

I love them, particularly the Cookies and Cream and Cookie Dough flavor. I buy by the box when they are on sale on ebay. Heating them a bit in the microwave is super yummy!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    My body doesn't like quest bars... They make me constipated so I stopped eating them. I have 2 left, cookie dough and choc chunk. I will eat them at some point but space them out a week or so lol
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I love them. They satisfy my sweet tooth and give me a nice protein hit. White Chocolate Raspberry, Cookies and Cream, and Apple Pie are some of my favorites.

I usually have them for either a snack or a light breakfast, or as you said, something quick on the go. Sometimes I have them for dinner or lunch when I'm not really that hungry.

I had a day recently where I was sick with a migraine and all I managed to eat all day were three Quest bars. I had the opposite problem to the previous poster the next day. They definitely don't constipate me.
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Every Friday I buy a ton of them. Keep about 6 at work and 10 at home.

The Quest protein chips are really good too, try a bag out!

Little trick for ya:

Get 1 Quest Chocolate Chip bar:

- microwave 5-10 seconds, or until mallable
    - cut into two even pieces
    - flatten pieces out on a greased cookie sheet with a cup or rolling pin
    - bake at 450 for 5 minutes

= two cookies!
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I love Quest protein bars and eat one every other day, usually on double workout days. Make sure you drink plenty of water with these bars due to the high fiber content.
  • cajuntank
    cajuntank Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Like them all but gravitate toward the chocolate chunk, brownie, and cookie dough. Keep a few in my desk drawer and car console as a "go to" in case I cannot eat or need some calories at the end of the day. Also, second on the heating of them via microwave or oven...to me, makes them better.
  • kruuTahn
    kruuTahn Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm literally eating one right now. Cookie dough: om nom nom.
  • adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I just ate half of one for a mid morning snack. PB and vanilla almond all the way.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Too overpriced to be worth it for me. They run at 6 dollars a bar where I live.
  • Hollywood_Porky
    Hollywood_Porky Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Eat a banana instead, or an apple, or some piece of fruit - I'll bet it costs less than the bar and they travel just as well (well most fruit does).
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Eat a banana instead, or an apple, or some piece of fruit - I'll bet it costs less than the bar and they travel just as well (well most fruit does).

Yea, I know you are trying to get your protein in with this protein bar, but here, have a banana instead....

That makes sense.
  • adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Options

I have trouble getting protein in so the bar is good.
  • KMasz
    KMasz Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Too overpriced to be worth it for me. They run at 6 dollars a bar where I live.

:noway: What a rip-off! I have yet to see them in stores around me to see what they go for, but I buy them off amazon. $26-$28 for a box of 12, so it works out to be a little over $2 a bar.

My favorites are apple pie, cinnamon roll, chocolate PB, & strawberry cheesecake. I think any of the ones with "cookie" bits in them have a weird texture & aftertaste.