Anyone else have a FITBIT?!?!?

Options
I causally mentioned to my BF that I was thinking about getting a pedometer after observing my sister lose 23lbs just from eating better and making sure she got 10,000 steps a day in. He showed up to my apartment 3 hours later with a Fitbit One. And... I LOVE IT! It has been the most motivating thing I have ever used. I have been working out 3x a day and eating way better.

Any other users/lovers of the Fitbit???

Replies

• joelschneider45066
    joelschneider45066 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit charge and LOVE it! There is actually a Fitbit user group located here: community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users
  • eeelizabeth2012
    eeelizabeth2012 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Oh, wow. Thanks
  • LovingLife_Erin
    LovingLife_Erin Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I love mine! It gets me up and moving around to reach my steps, and is a helpful way to keep track of my activity, and calories burned. :)
  • ShanitaMarie85
    ShanitaMarie85 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit charge HR! The challenges are the best! I'm getting over 20,000 steps just to keep the lead!
  • Tupeloblossom
    Tupeloblossom Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I just got a Fitbit One and love it already. Check out the Fitbit One group.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Yep, love it. Got a One in Feb 2013, Force for Christmas 2013, just got a Charge HR a few weeks ago. I am hooked. The best single motivator I have to move more. Another fitbiter that gets over 20,000/day.
  • ptsmiles
    ptsmiles Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I currently have a Zip, but I'm hoping that I get the Charge HR for my birthday tomorrow. I really enjoy zip though.
  • Qos_
    Qos_ Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I had a charge HR and loved it, until it made my wrist red raw and painful... had to regretfully return it and opt for a Garmin.
  • SandyCoils
    SandyCoils Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    shanitame wrote: »
    I love my fitbit charge HR! The challenges are the best! I'm getting over 20,000 steps just to keep the lead!

How. In. The. WORLD. Do you get 20K steps a day in????!!!!!!!!

• kristynsflab
    kristynsflab Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I used to average 18,ooo but haven't wore my fb zip in almost a year! Jumping back on that wagon! //www.fitbit.com/user/24XFMB
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm getting a One next week when Best Buy restocks. I love my Fitbits, even my battery-eating Zip. Would so love a Charge HR, but can't justify the extra cost and not sure if the buckle has any nickel in it.
  • scottnavy
    scottnavy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I started out with a fitbit flex and have since upgraded to the fitbit surge. I know there are a lot of people that have trouble with it but it works perfectly for me. I like that not only can I step count and count stairs, that I can get my heart rate all day with it as well.
  • Orson1981
    Orson1981 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty disappointed with my Surge. For most things it is great, however, it doesn't record cycling. I bought it specifically to use the GPS while cycling, which I thought would be neat. For now I'll continue to use it, because it is really a fine piece of work otherwise, but I suspect I'll try to sell it on ebay once the Amiigo comes out (though this time I'll do a little more research before jumping on the bandwagon).
  • SandyCoils
    SandyCoils Posts: 164 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hey, just an FYI, Bed, Bath & Beyond sells FitBit, and they ALWAYS have 20% off coupons via email and regular mail. I saved about $60 in an envelope, used my coupon, and "paid" for the rest out of my bank account when I got my Charge. Took me a while to save too, because Christmas had just passed, but I deserved it!
  • klkateri
    klkateri Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Just got a flex for Christmas and LOVE IT!! The little buzzing when I hit my steps is so motivating... it really are the small things lol!! Plus, I hate not getting my steps in and I feel so lazy. I have a desk job and those are the worst days for steps... But like now, I'm still on light one so I'll get up, go to the bathroom, do a little jig by the copier, anything to get me to the next light!! I'm competitive so this is good for me!!
  • Charletta3
    Options
    QVC also has Fitbit flex for $99 w/easy pay it's 4 payments of $28. I was buying all this fitness stuff at once, clothes, shoes, protein porwder, vitamins, etc. So paying the 4 payments for the Fitbit made me feel better about spending so much money.
  • klkateri
    klkateri Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    @Qos_ mentioned the fitbit rash and here's what I do.... I wash it [fitbit strap] in the washing machine, hot water once a week (like with towels) and then throw it in the dryer so it's totally clean and thoroughly dried. I clean the actual fitbit with baby wipes every few days. Plus, I take it off during the day like, when I'm sitting at my desk or just watching TV... clearly not moving. I also can't play with it on ( I play bass in a band) and I take it off and just put the fitbit monitor in my bra. I find that helps. Also, I put powder under it in the morning and at night and the "fitbit rash" issue has gone away.
  • WonderKP
    WonderKP Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    i got a fitbit flex almost exactly a year ago - i still love it. anyone want to friend me on there and join some challenges, my email is kparr25@aol.com
  • baxyboy
    baxyboy Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have a Flex and am finding it really useful - I'm still early into the process and focussed on losing weight rather than improving fitness so at the moment I'm using the fitbit more to track my calories burned rather than steps taken. Being able to log into the fitbit site and view graphs of my calorie burn data (from my flex) against my calorie intake (from logged food data pulled automatically from MFP) to make sure I'm on the right track is fantastic.
  • rchlozburn
    Options
    I love my fitbit flex! I got it for Christmas and have loved it since day one! It keeps me motivated especially with the group challenges!!! I can't wait to upgrade to the charge HR this summer :)