gluten free pasta salad recipe

Options
hi . I am looking for a gluten free pasta salad recipe please if anyone can help me

Replies

• perpetualsharon
    perpetualsharon Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I make a variation of this one
    http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/artichoke-tomato-salad

I add:
    Lite Italian salad dressing instead of the white wine vinegar
    1 cup of rice spiral pasta (measure uncooked, then cook, drain & chill before adding to the salad)

Basically, you can use the recipe for your favorite pasta salad and just substitute the regular pasta with rice pasta. My husband and kids never noticed the difference. I have to eat GF because of Celiac disease, but it was a pain to cook two different types of meals. Now they all eat like I do. :smile:

Rice spiral pasta is sometimes hard to find in regular grocery stores or it's really expensive. You might be able to find something in the Asian Foods section as well. We have a Global Foods store here that usually carries a lot of different types/shapes of rice pasta.
  • MaryCS62
    MaryCS62 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Either Ronzoni or barilla makes a gfree elbow or elbow twist. I have a basic macaroni salad for bbq's, just red onion & celery with a homemade french dressing (can also use bottled catalina french.) mayo at your discretion. message me if you want it.
  • WyoJane72
    Options
    I make a Greek Spiral Pasta that has always been a hit for potlucks.

I make a big batch of gluten free spiral pasta.
    I use gluten free greek salad dressing
    Cooked cubed marinated chicken breast (at least 4)
    Feta cheese crumbled
    Veggies- finely chopped; no seeds or skins; cucumbers, red onion, sweat peppers; ŕed, orange, yellow, others one might like
    Sliced olives