Lose 105 pounds in 1 year!

Options
So my goal is to lose 5 lbs by the end of this month and continue losing 10 pounds every month for a year. At least reaching 130 lbs.
I would love motivation and support! Giving and getting!
Come join me in my battle and add me on here.
I'll love to talk to each and every one of you.
I also have a tumblr.
Follow me and I'll definitely follow you!
http://believetoachieve95.tumblr.com/
Please and thank you!

Replies

• rusticstudio
    rusticstudio Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I'm finding MFP to be quite helpful. Also make sure to exercise. Cardio as well as muscle building. And don't get discouraged if you don't meet your weight loss goals. Slow and steady is the key. I'm not losing quite as quickly as I would have hoped, but it is coming off and I feel better so that is the important thing.

Good luck!
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    That's a pretty amazing goal. If you put your mind to it, then duh, you can do it!
    People on this site provide me with the motivation I need to get through each day, and vice versa. I have a tumblr, but I never really use it, since I just get on facebook. But you can add me if you want. :)
  • jmgj27
    jmgj27 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Here's a few pearls of wisdom I've learnt along the way!:

- celebrate the small victories - don't be disappointed with 'just a pound' - it's still a pound!
    - if you fall off the wagon, don't take that as a licence to go crazy or stop dieting and don't beat yourself up - we're all human!
    - have a cheat meal once a week - it keeps your cravings in check and I often find I lose more weight the couple of days following my cheat meal than I do at other times!
    - Don't look down the barrel of 105lbs. I had 70lbs to lose and it took me the longest time to get started because it seemed like an insurmountable obstacle. Now I'm 42lbs down because I just took it 7lbs at a time.
    - Remember that the first 14lbs or so will drop off pretty quickly (the heavier you are, the quicker they go) and that's really motivating. The problem is that when your weight loss slows to normal levels of 1 - 2lbs a week, it can get really frustrating. See the point about celebrating the small victories above!

Just remember - if you ever need support and motivation - this is the place to come! Good luck!
  • PNWriter
    PNWriter Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I agree with JMG....these are wonderful snippits of advice!!!
  • casi_ann
    casi_ann Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your weight loss. I have 100 pounds I want to lose in one year. My goal is 135 pounds in one year so we are almost the same in our weight and goals. I'd love to friend you and work together on this. I've lost almost 20 pounds so far in 2 months. I have slowed down my weight loss a little but at first it was pretty fast.