stubborn weight problem

:\ I have cut my calories intake down to 1320 daily and im not losing any weight. On top of exercusing everyday. I ALSO cut out my carbs and meat. What am I doing wrong?

Replies

• rlzwakenberg
    rlzwakenberg Posts: 64 Member
    Did you use any kind of calculator to determine your correct caloric intake? Are you making sure you get enough water? When are you weighing?

I'm not going to come here and say "are you weighing everything you eat?" because the fact of the matter is you don't always have to weigh your food. It is FAR more accurate to weigh, but measuring in cups and what not will suffice, for a while.

It's hard to give any advice not knowing any of your stats and what you are doing.
  • MrCoolGrim
    MrCoolGrim Posts: 351 Member
    :\ I have cut my calories intake down to 1320 daily and im not losing any weight. On top of exercusing everyday. I ALSO cut out my carbs and meat. What am I doing wrong?

How long has it been since you started?
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    If you are not losing then you are not eating in a deficit, which means you are probably eating more then you think. Which means you need weigh your solid foods, yes it does work!!, measure liquids, you more accurate when doing this!!
  • Raquelrichardson57
    Raquelrichardson57 Posts: 24 Member
    Yes I have been using this app to count my calories. I also have a food scale and I measure my food in measuring cups to make sure im not eating more than I should be for a serving. Drinking tons of water daily and green tea. I weigh myself everyday in the morning when I first get up. Although my clothes are seemingly fitting better but the scale stays the same...
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Could you open your diary to public because it's most probably a logging problem
  • Raquelrichardson57
    I also do 1 hour of cardio on the elliptical trainer mon-fri and about 30 min of strength training.
  • zeke2040
    zeke2040 Posts: 6 Member
    Maybe you are replacing fat with muscle to a degree?
  • Serah87
    Yes I have been using this app to count my calories. I also have a food scale and I measure my food in measuring cups to make sure im not eating more than I should be for a serving. Drinking tons of water daily and green tea. I weigh myself everyday in the morning when I first get up. Although my clothes are seemingly fitting better but the scale stays the same...

Measuring cups don't work!!....except for liquids. Use weight scale!!

I lost 121 pounds using the food scale, before I used it, I lost very slowly and found that I would stuff the food into the cups and that I was actually like 1 1/2 to 2 servings more then I thought I was eating.
  • rlzwakenberg
    rlzwakenberg Posts: 64 Member
    A lot of people will start losing weight, without seeing the number change. Especially if you are working out regularly. It just means your body composition is changing. Keep with it and let the loose pants be a reminder that the number doesn't matter!

:) you got this!
  • Serah87
    zeke2040 wrote: »
    Maybe you are replacing fat with muscle to a degree?

No!!!
  • Out_of_Bubblegum
    Out_of_Bubblegum Posts: 2,220 Member
    It could also be a time problem... sometimes the scale lies for a while, and you have to keep at it (logging and exercising) and wait it out.

If your clothes are fitting better, then that is a GREAT indicator that what your doing is working. When people look at you, they don't see numbers on a scale... they see inches.
  • shreddedtrooper
    shreddedtrooper Posts: 107 Member
    Diary is not viewable so all this is simply conjecture

Could be various reasons but yes, transition if you can to all scales vs cups etc. You'll find greater control and better results.

Since there could be multiple reasons lets throw this one out there from Almighty Norton sent from Mt. Olympus..
    “..if your metabolic rate is already in the dumpster you aren't going to diet your way out of it. You have to be willing to take the time to normalize it and develop a sustainable approach." - Norton

Best of luck and you got this, just keep at it and review all options and find what you like and what is sustainable :)
  • Raquelrichardson57
    MrCoolGrim wrote: »

Diary is not viewable so all this is simply conjecture

Could be various reasons but yes, transition if you can to all scales vs cups etc. You'll find greater control and better results.

Since there could be multiple reasons lets throw this one out there from Almighty Norton sent from Mt. Olympus..
    “..if your metabolic rate is already in the dumpster you aren't going to diet your way out of it. You have to be willing to take the time to normalize it and develop a sustainable approach." - Norton

Best of luck and you got this, just keep at it and review all options and find what you like and what is sustainable :)
    MrCoolGrim wrote: »

• Raquelrichardson57
    3 weeks
  • Raquelrichardson57
    Serah87 wrote: »

Measuring cups don't work!!....except for liquids. Use weight scale!!

I lost 121 pounds using the food scale, before I used it, I lost very slowly and found that I would stuff the food into the cups and that I was actually like 1 1/2 to 2 servings more then I thought I was eating.

• Raquelrichardson57
    Yea but even tho my calorie intake is down to 1320 I never get up to that. Theres usually about 300 calories left over for the day that I dont even consume.
  • Serah87
    Open up your diary!
  • Raquelrichardson57
    Lol im trying to figure out how. ..lol this app is new to me.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    I ALSO cut out my carbs and meat. What am I doing wrong?

So what do you eat?

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    You are still eating too many calories. Likely from inaccurate calorie logging and over-estimated calorie burns.