Anyone else have a FITBIT?!?!?

Options

Replies

• eeelizabeth2012
    eeelizabeth2012 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I need help... I do not understand how to sync it with myfitnesspal. I had been manually logging my exercise into myfitnesspal and letting Fitbit "adjust" the calories. But today I did a 25 min brisk walk and a 45 min brisk walk and according to myfitnesspal that should burn about 300-350 cals for me. When I pair it with Fitbit it says 660 calories. When I just let Fitbit record it it says I only burned 140. WHAT DO I DO!?!?!
  • eeelizabeth2012
    Options
    Ugh. Nevermind. It is myfitnesspal smart phone app that is being wonky. This site seems to be accurate.
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit Surge, I was hesitant at first, and really wondering if I'd made a poor decision as it was quite pricey for a fitness tracker etc. I'm hooked. I love it so much. It's so motivating. I'm moving way more all day long, I'm making time for exercise, I'm eating better... just a 100% turn-around in my behavior, with most of the credit going to the Fitbit. Terrific buy!
  • scottnavy
    scottnavy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'll agree with you about the surge being great for me. I do bicycle quite a few miles a year and look forward to a software upgrade or partnership with someone like Strava or mapmyride. Even if an upgrade takes a while I can always log it as a general workout and go on heart rate alone for calorie burn and mapmyride for distance, either way on gps the battery is only good for 5 hours.
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I causally mentioned to my BF that I was thinking about getting a pedometer after observing my sister lose 23lbs just from eating better and making sure she got 10,000 steps a day in. He showed up to my apartment 3 hours later with a Fitbit One. And... I LOVE IT! It has been the most motivating thing I have ever used. I have been working out 3x a day and eating way better.

Any other users/lovers of the Fitbit???

May I just say...your boyfriend rocks!!!!

I love my FitBit Flex btw :blush:
  • eeelizabeth2012
    Options
    Kparr25 wrote: »
    i got a fitbit flex almost exactly a year ago - i still love it. anyone want to friend me on there and join some challenges, my email is kparr25@aol.com
    I think I added you. Don't know if I did it right

• eeelizabeth2012
    Options
    I am so glad to see everyone enjoying their Fitbits. I am amazed at how motivated I have become.
  • Stargazer525
    Stargazer525 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit One, I love it!
  • caroluherek
    caroluherek Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I got my Fitbit One in September 2014, totally in love with it :smile: almost bought a charge last week but really the one does everything I need.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I have had my Fitbit One since Nov 2012. I get 30,000 a day minimum & dont stop till I get it. On my running days I get 40,000 minimum. Then if I'm feeling more energetic I'll get 50,000 or more. One day I just decided to go for 75,000 because my highest had been 70,000....... I didn't stop till I got to 101,000. Took me 10 hours & I loved it.

I have a Garmin Forerunner 15 as well. Same as the Fitbit surge in a way. It counts steps, has GPS, HRM and is really good.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    I'm getting a One next week when Best Buy restocks. I love my Fitbits, even my battery-eating Zip. Would so love a Charge HR, but can't justify the extra cost and not sure if the buckle has any nickel in it.

^^No nickel in it. I had the reaction to the metal on the Force, but kept it in my pocket where it worked great. I was waiting until the ChargeHR was available and when I saw one (just 1, they are really back ordered) I snapped it up. I returned the Force to Fit Bit and they are refunding my money, so I only will end up having to have paid about $20 + tax. I kind of love the HR part of it. Now, not only am I challenging myself to keep getting over 20K/day, but when I am at the gym I try getting my heart rate up a little higher each time.

• sdado1013
    sdado1013 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I have a charge HR add me //www.fitbit.com/user/375ZGQ
  • sdado1013
    sdado1013 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    charge HR has no nickel
  • WarDamnJay
    WarDamnJay Posts: 1,916 Member
    Options
    I just got my Charge HR and I love it!
  • SallyPDXer
    SallyPDXer Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    What a great boyfriend! I have had my Fitbit One for almost a year and love it! I still only average about 5-6K steps a day but with out my Fitbit motivating me I know it would be less. I love the new challenges and competing with my friends.
  • scaryg53
    scaryg53 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I love my Fitbit!
  • eeelizabeth2012
    Options
    sdado1013 wrote: »
    I have a charge HR add me //www.fitbit.com/user/375ZGQ
    I added you. Did it work?
  • Domenic12
    Domenic12 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I causally mentioned to my BF that I was thinking about getting a pedometer after observing my sister lose 23lbs just from eating better and making sure she got 10,000 steps a day in. He showed up to my apartment 3 hours later with a Fitbit One. And... I LOVE IT! It has been the most motivating thing I have ever used. I have been working out 3x a day and eating way better.

Any other users/lovers of the Fitbit???

• Domenic12
    Domenic12 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love my Fitbit I work in an office where I go up and down about 20 steps about30x a day. I do about 7000 steps daily then walk outside and usually windup doing 10k steps. Love the extra calories in MFP
  • eeelizabeth2012
    Options
    I also have an office job. My goal is 12,000 steps a day. I do a walking video in the mornings, walk outside at lunch with coworkers, and sometimes a walk after work and pilates before bed.