People Like Me

Options
debbie41
debbie41 Posts: 8 Member
Hi! I am 48 years old. I have gained 72bls since I was married 7 years ago. I love my sweets, but more than that I love Food! I eat way more than I should at a meal, and I snack in between. I have been on a ton of diets and always gain the weight back and More! I not only want to loose weight but I want to be healthy for my later years. I don't want to be one of those women at 65/70 who cant get out of the house and enjoy themselves. I want to Live while I'm Living!
If we have the same goals please add me :)
Debbie
from Southern Illinois

Replies

• stevesample76
    stevesample76 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Hey Debbie. Great post. Making the right changes to your nutritional intake is a way better plan that dieting. I hate to even use the word diet because that means its temporary.

It sounds to me like you have a solid "WHY" for wanting to change and I have no doubt that you will achieve it.

Good luck from Central Illinois!
  • Mkstehle
    Mkstehle Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You sound like me Debbie. I gained quite a bit when I was pregnant 14 years ago and always makes excuses for not losing the weight. I also LOVE food and I eat when I'm hungry, bored, emotional, etc.

I just got back on MFP after being gone for about 6 months, so ready to start again. Will send you a friend request.
  • cherylann11
    cherylann11 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi Debbie, i've been on and off the wagon more than i can count! Im back on track now, been on mfp for about 3 weeks. Im looking at losing 30lbs in total, ive sent u a friend request. Cheryl x
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, its a great community. Go get this!
  • luv_kboxn
    luv_kboxn Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi Debbie - my montra is "beating old age", I'm currently 43 and I know I have to do something now in order to do just that. My fitness is Kickboxing and bootcamps with nutritional training. I need to lose a good 40 lbs to be at a good healthy weight. Let's do this!
    - Crystal, Seattle WA
  • melli_78
    melli_78 Posts: 5
    Options
    Well done Debbie. Great attitude and you are so right! X