Noob nurse losing 50lbs

Options
Holygoddess
Holygoddess Posts: 52 Member
edited March 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Would love to meet other people passionate about low carb diet and weight loss. :D From south Florida. Lost 36lbs so far. Getting back at it!

Replies

• rosnigetsfit
    rosnigetsfit Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Oh so you're down 36lbs. Good job on that! Just continue what you are doing. You can add me. :smile:
  • Holygoddess
    Options
    I can't figure out how to add you. I tried to click your name and it doesn't load anything. This was my first time posting. I'm glad I did. It will be so nice to have support!
  • rosnigetsfit
    rosnigetsfit Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I've added you. We can support each other.
  • Holygoddess
    Options
    I look forward to it. I just passed my nursing boards last week now I'm applying to jobs at hospitals. No pressure, right?
  • GatesOfDelirium
    Options
    Love to hear a positive success story, yours will inspire and motivate others. 36 lbs is a huge achievement well done.....
  • cgrubb_RN
    cgrubb_RN Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm a night shift nurse working on a cardiac stepdown unit in Tennessee. I know all about the stress/pressure of what you are going through right now! Awesome job on the progress you've made so far! I need support for my weight loss journey as well. I had lost almost 40lbs after graduating nursing school 3 years ago, then during my weight loss journey I became pregnant and, now here I am, struggling with the rest of this baby weight. Continue with the great work, you got this!
  • Holygoddess
    Options
    You got this too! Slam dunk on being a mom, a nurse, and becoming healthier! I'd add you But I haven't figured out how. 36lbs feels better but I still don't feel like me. I will get there! It's time!
  • Temeritas
    Temeritas Posts: 585 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Gratz on your loss to date, stay at it and feel free to add if you want some motivation!
  • Holygoddess
    Options
    Still haven't been able to figure out how to add people. You guys are all really awesome id spend so much time thinking my weight loss had been nothing but a drop in the bucket. You've helped remind me that I needed to start somewhere. I have far too much negativity in my life.
  • redfosho
    redfosho Posts: 2
    Options
    Well I am currently in nursing school and trying to lose weight. Graduating 2016 if all goes to plan!! I think we could help each other out (:
  • Atagi73
    Atagi73 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Woot well done and keep it up it sounds like , working on losing about 50 myself 14 down so far
  • CptZ
    CptZ Posts: 19
    Options
    Awesome results.
  • Lyrical2015
    Lyrical2015 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    That's some great results already, am looking to lose just over 50lbs myself & just started on MFP hoping it will hold me more accountable for my actions & get motivation from others in a similar boat, feel free to add me anyone, I'm from the UK but weight loss struggles are the same no matter where you're from right? :p Lol.
  • Holygoddess
    Options
    Especially for women yea weight loss is difficult in any place where food is in abundance. And in America we are the most
    Overweight country in the world. Not a good award to win. Are any of you doing low carb? I've made good friends with bacon lately.
  • FemaleWarriorxo
    FemaleWarriorxo Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Wow! congrats on the weight you lost already! :D I'm actually entering the nursing field myself. I'm trying to lose a little over 50lbs. (: you can add me if you like. Unless you still don't know how. I'll send the request
  • Holygoddess
    Options
    redfosho wrote: »
    Well I am currently in nursing school and trying to lose weight. Graduating 2016 if all goes to plan!! I think we could help each other out (:
    Nursing school and trying to lose weight at the same time? That must be difficult for you.
  • Holygoddess
    Options
    I'm 36 down and another 50 to go. I'm so thankful for all the positive response I've gotten here in less than a day! With all of your help in excited to post my before and after photos of success!
  • MissMelissa514
    MissMelissa514 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I've been a nurse for almost 4 years. I got pregnant while in nursing school and didn't start losing the weight until about a year after having her. I've lost over 60lbs so far. You're doing great. Feel free to add me. :smile:
  • Hi :). I'm a few months into one of the nursing programs around where I live, and am also trying to lose weight (40-50 lbs). That's awesome that you've already lost that much. I'm early on in my journey. I'd be happy to swap advice and motivation with you, and anyone else out there who feels they could benefit from it .
  • Holygoddess
    Options
    I sent adds to you both. It's so great to see so many nurses on here! I'm scared I won't be Able to get a job because I'm overweight. Did this come into play with anyone? :'(