Replies

• IowaPrincess
    IowaPrincess Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you're very hard on yourself. Just don't closet eat. You can eat whatever you want. I often see skinny people eating delicious things, and I will eat the food I like as well as try to eat healthier stuff I'm not a huge fan of anyway.
  • mcw1966
    mcw1966 Posts: 40
    Options
    This is one of the best posts I have ever read! You put into words my thought process.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Cute, but...no food is "bad." I still eat all the same foods I ate before losing weight. It's calories in vs. calories out. If it fits into my calorie goal, it's fair game.
    Thanks MFP friends!!!! :bigsmile:
    I love the responses.

As for the "hateful" comments.
    1. Get a sense of humor. :flowerforyou:
    2. If you have nothing positive to say...go read somthing else. :drinker:

Now, now. You know damn well that's not how the Internet works.
  • IowaPrincess
    Options
    This is one of the best posts I have ever read! You put into words my thought process.

I am very flattered!!! :bigsmile: Thank you soo much!
  • IowaPrincess
    Options
    Cute, but...no food is "bad." I still eat all the same foods I ate before losing weight. It's calories in vs. calories out. If it fits into my calorie goal, it's fair game.
    Thanks MFP friends!!!! :bigsmile:
    I love the responses.

As for the "hateful" comments.
    1. Get a sense of humor. :flowerforyou:
    2. If you have nothing positive to say...go read somthing else. :drinker:

Now, now. You know damn well that's not how the Internet works.

Actually there are "bad" foods.
    Especially if you look at overly processed foods.
    There are also foods that are ethically bad to some people.
    Its all about opinion.
    HOWEVER, that is not the point of my post.

No its not how the internet works, but there are very specific guidelines for posting on MFP and I feel we all need to abide by them when posting or responding to posts.
    If you cant play nice, its best not to play. :drinker:
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    This post makes me sad :frown:

On one level, I do get it.. but the issue isn't the pizza, the chocolate or even the cookie dough. It's the quantity.

While I agree that we do need to stop and think rather than just cramming food into our mouths, there is no need to deprive ourselves of things that we enjoy. Budget calories for those items, limit the quantity of them, and enjoy them to their fullest.

Key words that you used frequently: a lot, too much, all the time...

All true. If we eat a lot or too much of something, especially all the time, then we will show the results of that. On the other hand, that pepperoni isn't evil and it isn't going to hurt anything at all to have it occasionally.

That said, there are some foods that we (generally speaking as it's different for everyone) may have trouble eating in moderation. For me, it's chips and salsa. A serving of chips is never, ever enough.. So, I limit the availability. I don't buy the chips unless I *know* that I have a splurge day or have had an extremely light eating day so I have room in my calories for the two or three servings that I want.
  • IowaPrincess
    Options
    Dont be sad :bigsmile:
    Life is too good to be taken so literally.
    I myself struggle with "trigger" foods.
    Some people can have a litttle of this or that when they crave it, but unfortunately other people
    like myself struggle with control.
    Everyone's journey is different.

Good luck!
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    Dont be sad :bigsmile:
    Life is too good to be taken so literally.
    I myself struggle with "trigger" foods.
    Some people can have a litttle of this or that when they crave it, but unfortunately other people
    like myself struggle with control.
    Everyone's journey is different.

Good luck!

When I first started, I was a lot more strict on myself and it was months before I started working on the moderation part. (Still can't do the chips and salsa, lol) I hope the same happens for you and you do find that you can eat small bites, savor the yumminess and discover that one or two pieces of pizza or a single Cadbury egg is enough. :)

My personal closet eating was more along the lines of.. worried that what I ordered may not be enough to fill me up? I would supersize, upsize everything because I didn't want to risk still being even a little hungry. Then there were times that I couldn't decide if I wanted the chicken sandwich or the nuggets.... so, what would any other questionally sane person do? Of course, order both! But, if you do that, then you have to order the full meals or the people at the window may realize you're going to eat all that alone... and, now that you have it, then you have to eat it or it's wasteful..

To my delight, I've realized that I can get full on a kid's meal! Saves a ton of money, still get the yummies, and the calories fit easily within my daily goal.

(If interested, my blog on that topic: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/serindipte/view/getting-out-of-an-abusive-relationship-631703)
  • polarsjewel
    polarsjewel Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    1. Is this food even remotely represented in the food pyramid (I am pretty sure chocolate and pepperoni aren't on there)

Chocolate is derived from a bean, the bean comes from a tree, things from trees are fruits and vegetables. Therefore Chocolate is a vegetable.

Serious now, great list, keep up the outstanding work.

I like the way you think...:drinker:
  • IowaPrincess
    Options
    Awesome posts!! :drinker:
  • vswilliams
    vswilliams Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    This list is hillarious! But it is also really sad--I truly hope you are not clouding your mind with guilt and negative comments about yourself (aka referring to yourself as a couch eating a cookie). Judging by your pics you are gorgeous with or without a cookie in your mouth!
  • IowaPrincess
    Options
    Thanks! It's all in good fun :)
  • inchwormbyinchworm
    inchwormbyinchworm Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    @IowaPrincess Even if we asked ourselves even a couple of these questions, that would be enough to counter a significant amount of mindless eating.
  • IowaPrincess
    Options
    Thanks Lady!!!