so depressed cant stop eating

Options
i cannot stop eating horribly and alot. i have been eating around 3000-3600 calories a day for the past 4 days and have not gone to the gym in two days. i feel awful and i just cant stop. i am severely depressed and have been doing so good until now. i have been in a plateau for a month and this is just the icing on the cake. i just want to cry!

Replies

• orkide
    orkide Posts: 20
    Options
    i cannot stop eating horribly and alot. i have been eating around 3000-3600 calories a day for the past 4 days and have not gone to the gym in two days. i feel awful and i just cant stop. i am severely depressed and have been doing so good until now. i have been in a plateau for a month and this is just the icing on the cake. i just want to cry!
  • mbb8682
    mbb8682 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Ok so is there a reason that you are depressed or are you just upset? I find when I am upset I want to eat bad and then I have to think that if I want to lose the weight if I am going to eat something alot it better be healthy and not horrible.

I hope you get better and I wish all the luck in the world. As I know depression can affect you.:flowerforyou:
  • orkide
    Options
    thanks I just hate winter, it's so dark-hitting the plateau has not helped and i just feel blah!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    I am not a medical professional by ANY means but here is my 2 cents. You may have something called SAD - Seasonal Affect Disorder. If you feel this horrible & think that is b/c of winter, you should go see your doctor. My grandpa & my dad both have SAD. It is amazing what just a simple "natural sun lamp" can do for a person this time of year. Good luck to you!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    K, please stop NOW....

Go have a glass of water. Drink the water until you flush the sodium and yucky junk from your body.

Turn on the lights....that used to help me some.

I betcha broke out of that plateau!!! Why dont you try the calorie reduction again and see? Just a few days.

Cmon, I know you can do it!!:flowerforyou:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Oh! AWTY has a good point. Since you've been going so over on your calories, you may have done just the right thing to break out of your plateau. Cut back on the cals & get your tushy in gear exercising & I HOPE the plateau will be gone! That's some good thinking AWTY!
  • orkide
    Options
    you actually made me stop for a minute bc as i was reading your post i was drinking diet coke and eating m&ms! I am going to stop (or at least try)
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    you actually made me stop for a minute bc as i was reading your post i was drinking diet coke and eating m&ms! I am going to stop (or at least try)

Good girl. You can do this.:flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    yeah, we are pushy like that. Control freaks,,,,,,,, pshaw:ohwell:

we have been there BELEIVE me!!:heart::smooched:
  • 3babybeans
    Options

You can do it on choice at a time. :flowerforyou:
  • orkide
    Options
    THANKS GUYS! =)
  • mbb8682
    mbb8682 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN DO IT GIRL.

Just think of your water as a Diet Coke I know it wont taste the same but sometimes I have to trick myself to believe I am drinking my favorite drink. I drink 4 20oz. bottles of water throughout the day.

Pull those blinds open go outside and get some fresh air.
  • bootsnspurs4horses
    Options
    I know how you feel this time of year. It's blah !! If you were too eat alot. . . what kind of healthy food could you eat alot of ?? Skip the m & m's. . go for popcorn . . when I get bored. . I put the popcorn at the other end of the room. . and I walk back and forth to get a handful of it. I stayed on a platue forever. . then quit exercising after 2 months. . gained 10 pounds. . . you've only over eaten for 4 days. . . get a handle on it now. .. two months is too late. . . I'm back to square one. It's no fun !
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    STOP! Re-think and focus!

This time of the year is depressing. No doubt. Holidays, food and stress levels are high. But, YOU are better than that. Don't let this become an excuse. Go to the gym, exercise and let the endorphins kick in. You will be much happier. I promised myself that I will get thru this winter with the help of exercise and TRUST ME it makes a huge difference. Hit the machines girl!
  • Phoenixflame
    Phoenixflame Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Find a picture of a bright, sunny field. Maybe it has horses, maybe it's in Scotland, maybe it's just a field. Set it as your desktop! When you start feeling down, look at the picture.
  • prairiemom
    prairiemom Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I know it's cold out, but trying bundling up and going for a walk anyway. It's not even reaching -15*c
    here during the day, but I still try to get outside for even a few minutes.

Goodluck and no more M&Ms :noway:
  • Jen19
    Jen19 Posts: 19
    Options
    you can do it, my hubby is in iraq right now and the holidays are here and hes not. im getting pretty depressed knowing im 3000 miles away from family and cant go home and i want to eat the whole fridge but im trying my best not to and ive been doing ok, you can do this...im with ya on the depression part but we can both pull through it and get back on track!!!!!!
  • DjBliss05
    Options
    Exercise will help you deal with the depression - easier said than done, but it would be the best thing for you right now.

I think the best way to give yourself a boost is to do something your really love doing. Dancing around to an amazing song, shopping with friends, movies, etc. Whatever your thing is... force yourself to go out and do it.

:flowerforyou:
  • nwfamilygal
    Options
    I find when I get down I get in my car and take a drive and see where I end up. Just getting out of the house helps. Call a friend helps also. Or I set down and watch movies all day. Just to get away from the everyday life of things. Drink lots of water water water :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • ceedee22ed
    Options
    By any chance is it your TOM, because I really cant keep control during those days and the hormones bring me down anyways. I just look at it like vacations :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: If i can keep control goood, if not, Ill survive. But giving in these days a little sure makes it easier to get through them. AWTY is right, you may have broke your plateau...good luck!!!!