This really kind of peeves me off...

Options
Im considering weight loss surgery. My seminar was supposed to be tonight. Asked a good "friend" and my sister in law.

Seminar starts @ 6pm.

"Friend" texts me at 5:03 and bails on me.

Sister in law sent me right to voicemail.

(Husband is working thats why he originally couldnt come)

WTF man, they ask me to do something and I bend over backwards to do it.

They knew how important this was to me, and they both stiffed.

And if you aren't aware, it is required that you bring someone with you for "support".

It just really ticks me off, how someone could know that something was so important to me, and only two hours of their time. ETA: now the next seminar isn't until the end of june.

Im sick of being everyones door mat.

Replies

• zacherybinx
    zacherybinx Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Gotta love how reliably unreliable people can be...so much for friends & family. lol I'd go anyway and just tell them there was an emergency and they couldn't come but you really wanted to get the information now.
  • jessicajoy87
    jessicajoy87 Posts: 905
    Options
    That sucks!
  • GothicsDarkAngel
    GothicsDarkAngel Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I would go...but because someone has to be there (its documented in your file), Id have to go again with someone @ the next seminar anyway. So that pushes me to the end of june.
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Im considering weight loss surgery. My seminar was supposed to be tonight. Asked a good "friend" and my sister in law.

Seminar starts @ 6pm.

"Friend" texts me at 5:03 and bails on me.

Sister in law sent me right to voicemail.

(Husband is working thats why he originally couldnt come)

WTF man, they ask me to do something and I bend over backwards to do it.

They knew how important this was to me, and they both stiffed.

And if you aren't aware, it is required that you bring someone with you for "support".

It just really ticks me off, how someone could know that something was so important to me, and only two hours of their time. ETA: now the next seminar isn't until the end of june.

Im sick of being everyones door mat.

If it is that important to you, GO! Go alone...a couple of years ago when I contemplated WLS, I went with My Partner. Believe Me, NO One will notice that you are alone and if you miss the seminar; you can not get a doctor's appt., that's where you REALLY will have to come with your husband! Sometimes you have to be willing to do something for yourself even when people let you down. It may be 3-6 months before you get another appt. GO LATE EVEN! If you don't go, don't use THEM as your excuse for not doing something about your weight. I wish you the Best!
  • GothicsDarkAngel
    Options
    Value, my doctor requires that the person who goes with you to the seminar also goes with you to the initial consult....

They ACTUALLY take a copy of the ID's of those attending because of ppl in the past going and saying they were "with" people.
    Crazy I know, but thats the doctors policy.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Do you really need surgery? Can't you just give yourself a little time here to lose weight naturally?
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Dr. Posner? If so...You should just GO. It shows commitment on your part, make up an excuse for them. But I would have gone anyway. But that's water under the bridge now. Your husband will have to commit to you for the next one, it's only about 2 hours long, as well as the consults...every appt before and after surgery. Is he ready for that? Hope all goes well.
  • GothicsDarkAngel
    Options
    [Dr. Hoffman is actually handling my case.

He is commited, and the whole reason he couldnt go was because today was his last day of work before he goes on summer break.

No biggie I guess, Ill just use this time to keep doing what I am doing, losing weight naturally.

:) Thanks for the support.
  • Queen_Nissa
    Queen_Nissa Posts: 12
    Options
    I would be upset as well but I also know that everythign happens for a reason. I am not sure if you are a prayer person or Christian etc, but I will say that soemtimes god closes doors to either open new doors or to prevent us from walking through the wrong door...If it's meant to happen, it'll happen so just stay strong and positive and next time i'd look outside of family for a supporter to attend.