coming of weightwatchers starting mfp!

Options
nicnocz82
nicnocz82 Posts: 14 Member
Hi all. Ive been doing weightwatchers for 7 weeks now and lost 19lbs on it. Just getting a bit fed up with the point system really, and spending 12quid a month on what essentially mfp does for free. Hope this doeant throw me of track. Im 10st 13lbs now. Goal is 9st 7lbs.

Replies

• ParisPrincesse
    ParisPrincesse Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm doing WW online & I am trying to decide whether or not to quit & do MFP full time. My problem is that I lost 45 pds on WW & I only have 10 to go, so I'm kinda scared to switch, but I'm tired of paying 19.95 a month.
  • dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Perhaps this will ease your minds. I was once a WW member, lost half the weight I wanted to lose, maintained that for about a year then kicked the weigh loss back in gear and have lost the other half on MFP in about the same amount of time.
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I have done WW many times in the past but am with MFP now and have been for awhile.

1. WW costs, so if you lose the weight and regain a little, you pay to lose it again. Or you can go mfp where it is free to lose it again.

2. if you plan on watching what you eat during maintenance then MFP is free still

3. MFP teaches you calories and macros. They dont often print WW points on food so after you lose it all and head into maintenance, its is much more difficult to know where you stand everyday.
  • Jakefoster521
    Jakefoster521 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    What's your biggest fear with stopping weight watchers? I've never used it but it seems like after 7 weeks you would have a good idea of how many points most of the foods you eat have no? MFP is great because you can track everything you put in your body and your exercise and set goals so that you don't over eat.
  • kayna1225
    kayna1225 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I did ww from jan 2014-aug 2014 lost 30 lbs
    but I couldn't afford it anymore-so I started MFP and im down another 5 lbs-but im hitting plateaus all the time I really miss the meetings and my leader was great! its tough but can be done now that you know the basics
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, good luck!
  • JoRolleNola
    JoRolleNola Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I strongly considered WW but I'm glad I didn't sign up. I believe MFP app is just as useful and inspirational and far more convenient. I have made so really great, encouraging and inspiring people here but u do have to be disciplined and honest with yourself to be successful. Good look to u.
  • nicnocz82
    nicnocz82 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    5 months late getting back but thankyou all for replying. Jake my biggest fear of leaving ww was not bring as strict with myself. I left it anyway. Had a complete food wobble and put a stone on! Counted calories the other day and enjoyed being in control of my eating again so im back to mfp.